E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

and we have lift-off!

i installed with config.plist without the intel ig-platform-id inject, and then once into OS X installed clover, and replaced with an identical config.plist but with the exception of having the ig-platform-id inject, and we have graphics acceleration!

one thing is for certain though, i cannot inject the ig-platform-id when installing OS X.. it must be done afterwards...

now i just have to find one of those pesky m.2 wifi cards!

oh, btw... how do i get this thing to boot without mashing F12 each time?

thanks

oh, btw... how do i get this thing to boot without mashing F12 each time?

You need to add Clover EFI as a boot option. Then change Timeout in config.plist to 0 and add DefaultVolume as the name of the partition OSX is installed on.

• Like 1

Righto,

Couple of bit's I'm going to be looking at this week... that I'm not sure if i should be looking for kexts (for example), or thinking about dumping and patching a DSDT?

1. Trackpad - is there something from the 7440 thread that can be re-used?

2. USB 3.0 - external mouse seems to work, can't get iPhone to tether though

3. Battery indicator - Assume this is covered basically under 'power management' working right?

3. Sound - RealTek ALC3235, not high priority, would be nice though

Which of these points could/should i be fixing with a kext, or clover setting, and which should i be sorting with a DSDT dump/patch please?

I plan to get all the non-DSDT stuff fixed first, and then move on to messing about with that later...

Ty ;)

Been doing some learning on a few of these points:-

1. Trackpad - is there something from the 7440 thread that can be re-used?
2. USB 3.0 - external mouse seems to work, can't get iPhone to tether though
3. Battery indicator - Assume this is covered basically under 'power management' working right?
4. Sound - RealTek ALC3235, not high priority, would be nice though

1. Resolved with v1.8.9 of VoodooPS2Controller.kext, mainly through chance i think, no idea if this is the 'latest', but seems to work.

2. USB 3.0 seems to be working, i've got a USB 3.0 device reporting as having a speed of 'up to 5Gb/sec' - not sure if that means it's working or not, i've loaded GenericUSBXHCI.kext with no ill effects..

3. Battery Indicator resolved with ACPIBatteryManager.kext from RehabMan, v1.53 (again, no idea if this is latest but seems to show the battery just fine!)

4. Absolutely no idea on how to fix the sound... i think i'm going to need some pointers here

Jake, I've tried to boot using your DSDT and SSDT from earlier in this thread and i can't see that they offer anything obvious over what I have... can you please confirm what you have patched in them at all? For now, I've removed them... I'm sure there's something I'm missing though.

Edit: Oh, I've just tethered my iPhone before the wireless card arrives... i don't know if it's related, but i keep getting system hangs, where the mouse is still able to move... how do i work out what is causing this? trial and error?

Thanks!

• Moderators

I've made a little progress. Updated DSDT patches

Now works:

• USB 3.0 works with native AppleUSBXHCI
  • Webcam works
  • SD Carder works
  • DVD Player works
  • Touchpad scrolling with 2 fingers (ApplePS2Controller v1.5)
  • Trackstick scrolling with Smartscroll.app
  • Battery status with ACPIBatteryManager v1.55
  • Speaker/Headphone (autoswitch) - VoodooHDA 2.8.4 (control by keyboard keys F1, F2, F3)
  • Sleep works selecting from Apple menu (Not with LID close nor wake with LID open) Fixed with new DSDT
  • Sleep with LID close, but won't wake with LID Open. Just tab the power button (Thanks to Bronxteck to point out that I'm missing the PNLF patch) 
  • To control brightness, ScrollLock to decrease and Pause to increase. Unfortunately this new keyboard removed the Pause key...so warning, unable to increase without some keyboard key remapping.

Are you able to scroll with touchpad and trackstick with voodoops2controller v1.8.9?

I believe the latest version is 1.8.14. Rehabman's brand is mainly for Synaptics, with minimum support for Alps.

E7x50.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

Sorry, I saw this post the other day but have been away for the weekend, looks like you made some more progress also on it which is pretty great.

In the attached file, i see AppleHDADisabler.kext which i guess is to allow VoodooHDA to load? Do these both get installed via Kext Wizard? Ty.

Re: VoodooPS2Controller, yeah it seems to totally work.. I can't side scroll (and i don't have a track-stick) but normal touch, and two finger scrolling does function as expected which is awesome :)

Keep up the good work, I'll try to give this stuff a whirl tonight ;)

Many Thanks.

P.s. Assuming things go well, I am considering starting to use this install 'properly' - in it's current state does power management on the machine work correctly... for example, i know we can see the battery but does it recognise that the power is unplugged for example not run at top performance all the time?

Edited by m1nkeh

• Moderators

What kind of progress do you have?

2 finger scrolling seems to work with any ps2 kext apparently. How is the scrolling speed? 

Yes, install the disabler and voodoohda to SLE with a kext utility, works perfectly. Stick with v2.8.4. v2.8.7 or newer has a slight hissing noise from the HP.

Power management is fine, I'm getting 14 states last I checked. You could try installing disableturboboostbattery if you want to save more energy.

Have you gotten HDMI to work? Mine just hang and reboot...I read that it should work OOB.

Hi,

Ok.... posting this from the laptop right now, tethered to my iPhone, no problems... still awaiting the wireless card, should be here next week.

Anyway:

* usb 3 - works, i think.... but i have noticed that it will random disable itself, have you seen this at all?

* webcam - works

* sound - works [listening to spotify right now]

* mouse - after installing appleps2controller.kext and appleacpips2nub.kext, works fine although the voodoops2controller also works - some googling seems to suggest there has been work to merge ALPS controllers with it - the scroll speed is v. fast!!! had to slow it down in the control panel.

* battery status - fine, although how do i check the '14 states' you mentioned? - OS seems to suggest that i've got 3.5hs battery... the thing is fully charged though

CUYwOPE.png

* brightness now works too, with auto dimming when on battery ;)

* sleep - works brilliantly (cmd+insert) - although not when i shut the lid? maybe i've missed a setting

* card reader - not yet tried, assume it works though ;)

* HDMI - not tried either, don't really have anything to try it with tbh.... will take it to work and give it a go, might try the mini display adpater though, what are the odds of that working do we think?!

couple of weird things from my side:

1. I keep getting a pop-up about searching for a bluetooth keyboard, bluetooth works, i am tethered via it, but the pop-up would indicate that the keyboard is getting disconnected??

2. i've noticed that my hdd doesn't have trim support enabled,  how do i do that.... ?

Edit: I added the KextsToPatch Trim section back into the config.plist... not sure if trim is actually happening (how can i check?), but it says it's enabled ;)

Vkl1hsl.png

Edited by m1nkeh