E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

Remove the FB patch from your Config now that you have DVMT set in the BIOS.

so, i changed 0x15b and 0x15c to both read 0x3 and the only way i can boot into OSX is with by 'shell' config that has no graphics stuff, and no DSDT SSDT etc. in it at all...

it has no framebuffer patch, has intel = false, and injects no ig-platform-id

on my normal config i've removed the frame buffer patch as you suggest, but still have intel = true, and ig-platform-id set to HD5500

getting kp when i try to boot this, do i need to change the ig-platform-id ?

• Moderators

I'm now using 0x16260006 which enables HDMI video.

Here's my new file

HD5500.zip works well, but no HDMI audio

HDMI_Audio.zip has HDMI audio but loses mouse after sleep. I still haven't figure out the fix for that yet. 

Only difference between the 2 DSDTs are renaming B0D3 to HDAU to allow HDMI audio and renaming GFX0 to IGPU. Those 2 changes causes KP with the HD5500 config file. 

With the config and DSDT changes in HDMI_Audio, sleep is not working properly and loses mouse.

I'm using ApplePS2Controller for mouse and not voodoops2controller, it works but no trackstick scrolling.

Hope you or anyone with this model to give my files a try and help make it better. I have limited time to test these days.

HD5500.zip

HDMI_Audio.zip

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

I'm using ApplePS2Controller for mouse and not voodoops2controller, it works but no trackstick scrolling.

Hope you or anyone with this model to give my files a try and help make it better. I have limited time to test these days.

Alright, cheers.

Where is the right place to dl both of the latest versions of those, just off the Vietnam tool?

Will do my best re: the testing, i'm trying to renovate a house at the same time so time is tight here too :s

as soon as i import your DSDT / SSDT into clover, i get a KP based around detecting the CPU (i think) ...

through trial and error, i matched your config to mine, and this was the culprit.. i have no idea what it does?!

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
<true/>
<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Hello,

First of all, enormous thanks for Your posts on this forum. Thanks to them, I managed to successfully install Yosemite on my previous Latitude E7240. Now I'm trying to finish new installation on Latitude E7450 (i7, FullHD, DW1560, broadband adapter).

I used Your clover configuration (modified it for custom dual-boot entries, smbios and serials) together with DSDT and SSDT files. What is working in system version 10.10.5:

- graphics (HD5500), didn't check HDMI nor DP as I don't need it now

- wireless card 2.4 and 5 GHz

- LAN adapter (e1000e)

- trackpad (using ApplePS2Controller)

- TRIM on ssd

What is not working:

- bluetooth (not even visible in system)

- battery status / percentage cannot be read

- audio

Also, WIN and ALT had to be switched in system preferences in order to work 'normally' - WIN as cmd key and ALT as option.

If You manage to find some spare minutes, I would be very grateful if You could describe how You succeeded in getting Your Broadwell Dell to work, especially the things I have troubles with.

Thanks,

Kuba

• Moderators

You need the following kexts installed to /S/L/E using a kext utility of your choice:

AppleHDA_ALC293

BTFirmwareUploader

FakePCIID

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2

What kexts do you have in /Clover/Kexts?

Add ACPIBatteryManager for batter status if you don't have it.