E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

Thanks.

BTFirmwareUploader I know - I used it with my E7240 and BCM94352HMB adapter.

FakePCIID and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2 found and downloaded, will test it later.

Where can I get the AppleHDA_ALC293 kext from?

Also, should these kext be installed in S/L/E or placed on clover partition in /Clover/kexts/10.10 ?

Another question: is it really necessary to install FakePCIID? Wouldn't it be enough to modify the original AirPortBrcm4360.kext and add proper PCI-ids to Info.plist file (14e4:43b1 or 14e4:43a0)?

Now in /Clover/Kexts/10.10 I have:

ACPIBacklight

ACPIBatteryManager

AHCIPortInjector

AppleIntelE1000e

ApplePS2Controller

FakePCIID

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2

FakeSMC + plugins

GenericUSBXHCI

WifiInjector

Should I get rid of something? :)

OK, new status ;)

Contents of /Clover/Kexts/10.10:

ACPIBacklight

ACPIBatteryManager

AppleIntelE1000e

ApplePS2Controller

FakePCIID

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2

FakeSMC

GenericUSBXHCI

WiFi works, card is visible as AirPort Extreme, Broadcom BCM43xx in System Information (when I added PCI-id in AirPortBrcm4360.kext the card also worked perfectly, but it was called 'Third-party wireless card").

Bluetooth is also working, but without HANDOFF - I have 2 handoff patches in clover configuration (directly from Your file), but they doesn't seem to work. Toleda's site has different patch and a command, which I used successfully on E7240 with BCM94352HMB - do You think they can also be used with this card?

• Moderators

Thanks.

BTFirmwareUploader I know - I used it with my E7240 and BCM94352HMB adapter.

FakePCIID and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2 found and downloaded, will test it later.

Where can I get the AppleHDA_ALC293 kext from?

Also, should these kext be installed in S/L/E or placed on clover partition in /Clover/kexts/10.10 ?

Another question: is it really necessary to install FakePCIID? Wouldn't it be enough to modify the original AirPortBrcm4360.kext and add proper PCI-ids to Info.plist file (14e4:43b1 or 14e4:43a0)?

1) ALC293 here

2) Install to /S/L/E as mentioned in my post

3) Yes, but you'll have to do that on every update

The handoff stuff I have should be for 10.11, you'll need to use the 10.10.x patches. I don't own an iPhone, so can't say it works or not. 

ooo, another entrant, excellent!

your last few posts raised a couple of queries with me...

1) what do you mean by "modified it for custom dual-boot entries" re: the config?

2) which DSDT/SSDT file did you use, I am still having issues with my system whereby i get a KP if use the ones in this thread without "FixRegions" & "newWay" in the config - did you do this?

3) i got my DW1560 working with the broadcom wifi checkbox from Vietnam tool... it works, but is it 'right' --> what does FakePCIID actually do?

4) i do not use AppleHDA_ALC293, i just use the VoodooHDA, again from Vietnam tool... it works, but is it 'right' ?

5) on my latest build... with the latest DELL BIOS, ACPIBatteryManager causes the battery icon to flicker on and off... not sure if this is a problem with the power management on the machine though, or config, not had time to investigate 100%, anyone seen this though?

That's probs all for now ;)

Still dicking about with FileVault2, might give up to be honest... seems like a lot of hassle, and there is 0 info on the net that i can find. Either of you had any luck?

Ty,

Hello :)

1) Boot entries added automatically by Clover usually have names based on partition names and best-guessed icons, which I don't really like. That's why I always create custom boot entries, for MacOSX Recovery (hidden), Windows Boot Manager (hidden), direct boot to Microsoft Windows (via EFI file on EFI partition) and Linux (not on all my computers though) - then You are able to assign Your own names and icons to each boot entry

2) I used files from HD5500.zip from post #73, no problems with booting at all. But, as Jake Lo noticed before, we have i7 CPUs, Your's is i5, maybe that is an important difference.

3) Could You check how is Your card named in About this Mac -> System information (I don't remember the exact labels)? Is it discovered as Airport Extreme or as some 3rd party wireless card?

4) Haven't tried HVT yet, a rather prefer doing things step by step and in a more self-aware manner than automagically ;) But as long as Your audio works correctly, I don't believe there is any difference, apart from maybe the need to reinstall VoodooHDA after each system update ?

5) I have the latest BIOS A05 on my E7450 and haven't noticed any flickering... but I'm still in a process of installing and configuring my laptop (Yosemite + Windows + Linux) and maybe haven't been working long enough under MacOSX.

I can't help You with FileVault - never used it before, sorry.

Are You using VoodooPS2Controller or ApplePS2Controller for Your touchpad? Is Your touchpad detected in System settings -> Touchpad? Because I have no devices there and cannot setup anything.

As for the handoff feature in bluetooth controller, You can check whether it is supported in About this Mac -> System information -> Bluetooth :)

cheers for the reply...

nice tip on the boot entries, i think i will defo do that too, more of a cosmetic thing though i guess so will leave it 'til last.

yeah i guess the i5 vs i7 to be the issue here, i have the e7250 w/ 1080p touch screen, and this was the default CPU... i guess i need to generate my own SSDT, this area is still quite grey for me and I'm not sure if the DSDT might be to blame too?? maybe you can clarify? DSDT is for devices, and SSDT is for power things right?

only work i've done last week was wipe the machine and re-install Win8.1, and then upgrade it to Win10 to activate it in prep for a clean install dual-boot... when i re-install OSX next week i shall see what the items show up as in about mac

My touchpad, i actually use an ALPS kext from HVT i believe...

• Moderators

@MicRoft

Answering from your post above

3) Better to install the FakePCIID + FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2 for DW1560. YOu'll get Airport Extreme right off the bat. Modding the AirPortBrcm4360 will work but you'll have to do that after each update, that's not fun. See here for more info

4) Are you using VoodooHDA or AppleHDA_ALC293? VoodooHDA works but won't be able to get HDMI audio. No you don't have to reinstall each time.

​Let me know how well AppleHDA_ALC293 works for you if you're using it.

VoodooPS2Controller from the HVT does not have the touchpad showing in Preference settings either, it doesn't support V7 Alps that we have on the E7x50 series. However 2 finger scrolling will work, trackstick will work as a regular mouse as well. We'll have to wait for Dr. Hurt to implement it on his version. I'm actively testing it with him while he's importing the code from Linux. Just check it and report your findings too so he has more info to work with.

@m1nkeh

Generate your SSDT with the official beta version from Piker-Alpha that supports Broadwell CPU's