E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

Or option number 4, which I personally prefer:

Launch Utilities->Terminal application (unless You have Terminal app in the dock, as I do :-)) and type: diskutil mount EFI.

Then the EFI disk icon should appear on the desktop and in Finder.

yeah but that launches the efi of the disk right?

not your usb?

Yes, You're right, sorry - didn't read the question correctly :-(

You could run:

diskutil list

remember the identifier corresponding to EFI partition on USB disk (probably disk1s1, if only one HDD/SSD is installed) and then in the next command:

diskutil mount <identifier>

I'm a linux geek, that's why I prefer terminal commands and solutions ;-)

• Like 2

oh right, cool.

can either of you humour me and let me see the latest config.plist (and DSDT) that you ended up with in a new download so that i can compare with my own now that you've cast your expert eye over it Jake?

Ty,

Ok so I finally got around to posting this; sorry it took so long! 

hmm.. are you sure? He says that FakeSMC is in his 10.11 folder here -> https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7844-e7250/page-11&do=findComment&comment=54030

@dstrukt, i notice you've got the i5 CPU, same as me (is yours touchscreen?). I also had this error, but can't recall off hand how i fixed it... i do remember have to step through the config.plist line by line to see what the offending line was though

I post about it here -> https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7844-e7250/page-8&do=findComment&comment=52008

This is probably down to Jake having an i7 machine and thinking about it a bit more i might have stopped using a DSDT completely because I've not been doing this long enough to dump and patch my own DSDT... Of course, this could be a complete red herring though, looks like this is something i need to double-check ;)

Yeah I did miss the FakeSMC, but Jake totally helped me out so I'm very grateful for that. I have an i5-5300u and the lame ass 1366 x 768 display.

Thanks for the advice of using a Windows computer; I uploaded the efi/clover/config.plist (I hope that's the right one)

DSDT.zip

config.zip

Nice, the main thing i'm interested in is the i5-5300u so this should work fine, ive got the touch screen and feel so-so about it tbh ;)

gf is away this weekend, so now i can get my geek on!

what was the final list of *.kexts that you used? - i really want to stop using Vietnam Tool, and i feel it's a bit erm... "blackbox"

ty!

install going a treat.. just verifying that the DSDT works etc...

i STILL do not have keyboard / touchpad on boot for the installation, and it really annoys me that i have to plug in an external kb and mouse. i put the ApplePS2Controller.kext in the "Other" folder, as i do with all the others.... the only thing that i can think is that it needs to be in the 10.11 folder... grr

Or maybe i've got an old version?? The ALPS one seems to work ok...

Hi Everyone, 

I'd like to try to install El Capitan into my new E7250 - i5 - FullHD - bios A07 

I'm at the beginning of the process, I would like to create a working USB installation stick.

With the one I've done, it was starting to load the MacOS installation, but I had a crash when loading, about framebuffer stuff (it was rebooting so quickly that it was difficult to read everything).

So from what I understood in the different pages of this post, I needed the DVMT "patch" to have the correct memory amount. So I did that. But Now I have a kernel panic just after clover boot.

Maybe the files in my USB stick are not fine.

Can you please share your kext, dsdt, config, ... that i 'll add into my usb install drive to run the El Capitan installation ?

Ty for your help.

Van_Axl

Edit : So finally after switching on my brain (and a lot a different tests), I realised that I had no FakeSMC.kext in my USB drive. 

So now I installed successfully El Capitan, will now play with the different components to see if everything is working

Edited by van_axl