E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

See my new guide here.

hmm.. there's a good chunk of stuff in there that i personally would like more explanation about...

1. What is IntelMausiEthernet.kext, is it instead of IntelE1000e.kext. How does it differ?

2. Is EAPDFix.kext something to do with Audio?

3. How does BrcmPatchRAM2.kext differ from BrcmPatchRAM.kext ?

4. ACPIPoller, is this required for batterymanager stuff to work correctly?

I'll give this ApplePS2Controller a whirl... I assume your trackpad works?

Other things that I'm not certain about, because (i guess) i have a different CPU, i have to include a random bit of clover config that i don't really understand "New Way", in order to not get a KP... what does this section do?

<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>Type</key>
<string>0x0706</string>
</dict>

Also, when i attempt to execute ddstPRGen.sh i get an error about the CPU not being recognised that i don't really know how to get past.... any tips there? I'll upload a picture when i get time.

Ty.

Sorry for being late to reply, I was struggling to re-install from scratch, but with dual boot Windows 10.

So my dual boot is now ready.

So I've tried to new guide from Jake, I would say that a lot is covered. There is just one thing : I have no sound. 

I've followed the guide, and I did not remove the vanilla AppleHDA from SLE, is it correct ?

So here is what is working fine :

- Webcam

- close lid go to sleep / open the lid wakes

- Power & CPU : i don't remember how to check if every thing is fine with cpu (states ...) any advise ?

the ssdtPRGen default script will not recognise the CPU, so you that guide : https://www.firewolf.science/2015/04/unofficial-ssdtprgen-sh-v15-7-beta3-with-broadwell-cpus-support/

- Ethernet : I now use the one from Jake IntelMausiEthernet.kext , I do not see the difference with Intel1000e ...

- HDMI & DP are working fine. 

- touchpad & keyboard is working fine with voodooPS2controller (click, 2 fingers click for right click, 2 fingers scroll). But it is not recognised in PrefPane. 

- Wifi : I have realised that my old bcm94352 was not m.2 ( but mini PCIe).. so I will need to find a new one. It seems hard to find that BCM94352 DW1560 in m.2 format (delivered in France) is there another one which works also fine, and OOB ? Otherwise, I'll need to wait for an eBay good opportunity.

What is not working :

- no audio card detected 

- no hdmi audio neither

that's pretty all. So of course, any advise for audio will be appreciated (I may switch back to voodooHDA for the moment)

Thx

Van_Axl

• Moderators

yes keep the vanilla AppleHDA.kext. Copy all the kexts in /other/LE to /Library/Extensions and run the permission fix from the guide. you might have to reboot a couple of time for the cache to kick in.

HDMI audio won't work until you get audio working first.

• Moderators

hmm.. there's a good chunk of stuff in there that i personally would like more explanation about...

1. What is IntelMausiEthernet.kext, is it instead of IntelE1000e.kext. How does it differ?

2. Is EAPDFix.kext something to do with Audio?

3. How does BrcmPatchRAM2.kext differ from BrcmPatchRAM.kext ?

4. ACPIPoller, is this required for batterymanager stuff to work correctly?

I'll give this ApplePS2Controller a whirl... I assume your trackpad works?

Other things that I'm not certain about, because (i guess) i have a different CPU, i have to include a random bit of clover config that i don't really understand "New Way", in order to not get a KP... what does this section do?

CPU
Type
0x0706

Also, when i attempt to execute ddstPRGen.sh i get an error about the CPU not being recognised that i don't really know how to get past.... any tips there? I'll upload a picture when i get time.

Ty.

1) IntelMausiEthernet

2) Yes to enable audio after sleep/wake

3) BrcmPatchRAM2 is for 10.11, BrcmPatchRAM is for 10.10.x and below. 

4) Is require for sleep with LID close

5) Type 0x0706 to properly display CPU as i7 instead of unknown. 

6) Will need the beta version of SSDTPRgen.sh that support Broadwell. Might have to fix some smart quotes to get it going.

yes keep the vanilla AppleHDA.kext. Copy all the kexts in /other/LE to /Library/Extensions and run the permission fix from the guide. you might have to reboot a couple of time for the cache to kick in.

HDMI audio won't work until you get audio working first.

Yes ... correct. I now have audio, just after some reboots. Great.

So I tried to plug my HDMI TV, but no device detected in audio output pref. :-(

Thanks for your fast help anyway.

Van_axl

1) IntelMausiEthernet

2) Yes to enable audio after sleep/wake

3) BrcmPatchRAM2 is for 10.11, BrcmPatchRAM is for 10.10.x and below. 

4) Is require for sleep with LID close

5) Type 0x0706 to properly display CPU as i7 instead of unknown. 

6) Will need the beta version of SSDTPRgen.sh that support Broadwell. Might have to fix some smart quotes to get it going.

ah ok, i'll probably skip #5 then, as i do not have an i7 :)

Hi All, 

I'm now using this laptop since couple of days. I've also received my DW1560 wifi card, which works great with Jake's guide.

But I must say that even if everything is working now, I have some stability issues, with the standby/hibernate mode. 

It can just simply crash the system instead of going into hibernation.

And then when I switch back on the laptop it may not start (see attached file), I may loose my audio card ! I've noticed that to have back the sound & system to normal state, I must switch off & on several times.

I can not say if this is linked to the wifi card change.

How can I troubleshoot what is making the hibernation crashing ? is there a log file I can check ?

Thx,

Van_Axl

post-51860-0-53561900-1447153905_thumb.jpg

I've made some progress about my stability issue.

It seems to be more a HD5500 issue, because it finally crashes when I use external displays.

If I work only with the laptop display, everything is working fine. But when the laptop is on my desk, I use 2 external displays (1 HDMI + 1 DP)  and here comes the issue. 

I first though that it was a hibernation issue, but in fact crashes occur when it tries to switch on or off the display. It may also crash if I work in "laptop" mode, and if I plugged a hdmi display.

I'm wondering if the ig-platform-id if correct for my config i5-U5300/HD5500. In the Jake's guide, the config.plist has ig-platform-id = 0x16260006

Google gave me another one : 0x16160002. I've tried this one but not sure if the config.pst value is not overload by the DSDT, because result is the same.

@m1nkeh 

We have same hardware, do yo have issues with external displays ?

Thank you for your help.