E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

• Moderators

Using the same bootpack on my E7250 with i5-5300U (1366x768), I'm able to get 3 displays:

LCD, HDMI and mDP to DVI

Have not tested mDP to DP display, but confident it'll work fine. I can confirm it'll crash sometimes if you remove the external monitors but not 100% of the times.

Have not dig deeper to determine the cause. It's not a deal breaker for me though. Honestly, of all the Hackintoshes I have, this is the best.

Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 12.45.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 12.44.11 AM.png

@m1nkeh 

We have same hardware, do yo have issues with external displays ?

Thank you for your help.

hmm.. can't say i've really tried to use external displays to be honest... was back at the start of this thread i gave it a go and it was crashing all over the place. the most recent dsdt and config, not given it a whirl but i do get significantly less gfx issues with El Capitan.

that aside, i've now installed encrypted Win 10 on this machine as i needed it for work :(

will keep an eye on clover dev though, hopefully one day FileVault2 will be an option

Hey folks, after I read this stuff I managed to install Sierra on my E7250.

Is it right that the 5500 only shows 4MB of RAM ? I still got no sound and I don't know what I have to choose at multifail setup. Help would be very nice.

No Bios mods or other patches were installed. But no sound and video problems.

kindest regards John

I have been trying for a about a week to install OSX on an E7250. I have read through this thread but feel like I am missing something. I can boot into Clover but when I try to boot into the Mac Installer I see the Apple then it reboots. I am attaching a screenshot of the errors. Most of the time I do not see this. Thanks for any assistance.

post-111765-0-41899800-1501789204_thumb.jpg