Mac App Store not working on Snow Leopard

bla

Hello,

I installed Snow Leopard on VMWare Workstation 11. I am trying to upgrade to Yosemite but cannot login to the Mac App Store. I get the error "Your device or computer cannot be verified". 

I have tried the various options listed on this site and google, adding ethernetbuiltin, adding device property using EFI Studio but none work.

Since I am on VMware i do not have access to any chameleon /Extra files i can make change to. So i am making these changes in the Library->Preference->System Configuration folder.

I have one network interface with BSD name en0 (PCI express slot from VMWare). Attached screenshot of network configuration.

Can someone please help me get past the MAS sign-in error?

Thanks!

post-75886-0-05294300-1427854523_thumb.png

• Administrators

On a 'native' Hackintosh, a SMBIOS plist is used to simulate a real Mac model and generate a serial number. You're probably missing that specific part and it's one of the key components required to be able to run/log in AppStore.

Thank you for your reply Bronxteck and Hervé.

I tried doing the SMBIOS.use12CharSerialNumber = "TRUE" parameter in the VMware file. What earlier was a very long serial number is now 12 characters. Starts with "VM" . Would this be enough/ or do i have to generate a new one and get it added?

• Administrators

I would expect you to need a serial number that appears like a real Mac one. They do not start with "VM". Download Chameleon Wizard and go to the SMBIOS tab and you'll see the type of number AppStore will expect.

Hi people, i'm facing the same problem except that i have a real macpro, my two ethernet ports are broken and i'm using wifi adapter, i've tried the method deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist and reset the PRAM (or something like that) but no luck.

I also found a method with .kext and DSDT here https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet

but i can't understand anything of this procedure, it is so difficult for me if someone can help,

the only thing i want to do is download osx yosemite

Thanks guys in advance

I would expect you to need a serial number that appears like a real Mac one. They do not start with "VM". Download Chameleon Wizard and go to the SMBIOS tab and you'll see the type of number AppStore will expect.

Thank you Herve. Tried this.  Added multiple new parameters to VMWare startup file. (XXXX are values from chameleon wizard) New Serial shows up in "About this Mac". Still no app store access. Same error.

board-id.reflectHost = "FALSE"
board-id = "XXXX"
hw.model.reflectHost = "FALSE"
hw.model = "XXXX"
serialNumber.reflectHost = "FALSE"
serialNumber = "XXXXXX"
smbios.reflectHost = "FALSE"