Dell Inspiron 530s HDMI Audio Issue(s)

ifusideways

I recently followed a MyHack tutorial that enabled me to fully boot and run OSX 10.9.5 to my satisfaction, albeit one issue. The problem is I have no Audio over my HDMI connection as my monitor has built in speakers. The strange thing is that i will occasionally get a very brief moment of audio just after boot or when cycling through outputs under the 'System Prefferences > Sound > Output' Section, not just a random sound either, if i open itunes and play a song ill get a moment of audio before it cuts back off. (volume greyed out) Which leads me to believe that audio over HDMI is possible with some changes/Modification. I am using an Nvidia Geforce 8400 gs in my build as the built in graphics in the dell inspiron 530s are incompatible. I am running OSX 10.9.5, and I should note that when i go to 'System Prefferences > Sound > Output' i have the following output options listed:

-Digital-out (HDMI)
-Digital-out (HDMI)
-Digital-out (HDMI)
-Digital-out (HDMI)
-line-out (Green Rear)
-Headphones (Green Front)

None of the 'Digital-out' Options listed output sound through my HDMI connection. Any and all help would be appreciated as getting audio to work over HDMI is the one step away from a fully functional build. I will supply any information/pictures as requested about the build. I should also note that this is my first build and that i am, by no means what-so-ever, a professional.

No luck with the "EnableHDMIAudio=Yes" flag. Still only a brief moment of audio and then nothing. Upon further consultation with my good friend 'google,' it would seam that I am not the only one with issues regarding HDMI audio and the Nvidia Geforce 8400 gs. Thank you for the suggestion however, the hunt continues!