[Solved] E6430 Hangs at boot PowerManagement

beachandbytes

Hey, I've followed your guides for quite a while never having problems since maverick. I must say amazing! I would never have a setup like this without your guided and bootpacks. 

I am running Latitude

E6430 with BIOS A12 | i5 3320M 2.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3  |Intel HD 4000 | 1366x768

BIOS A12 | i5-3320M 2.6 GHz | 4GB DDR3 | Intel HD 4000, 1366x768

Everything is working fine except I have to use -v -f to get to full boot. Otherwise it hangs up on

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement : Turbo Ratios 0057
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement : ( built 00:11:36 Sept 19 2014) Initilization ..
RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)

Then it just hangs. Not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated. Btw thank you Jake Low for making such awesome guides, even with having to boot with -v -f it is running great!

• Administrators

Are you using a SSDT file generated for your specific i5-3320M CPU? If not, you're highly likely to encounter CPU power management issues for sure. You can generate your own SSDT using the well-known generator script. It's available from Piker's or RampageDev's blogs. You'll easily find it along with full instructions.

Then, to avoid the need to boot without cache (-f flag), I suggest you manually rebuilt your kext cache. From Terminal, run the following commands:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Of course, make sure to boot with the option kext-dev-mode=1.

Just  thought I would update this, I played around with all the  boot settings and ended up screwing things up far more then fixing them. Since this was still a fairly fresh install I just decided to do it over and pay extra careful attention to the steps. Not sure what I did different this time around but everything is booting fine without the -f flag. Once again thank you for the great guides Jake Lo, you the man!