Installing ML 10.8.3 on Asus N56DP-AMD processor-MBR Disk

dr_jacky_2005

Hi

This is my notebook:  http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/N56DP/specifications/

Asus N56DP A10 4600M 2.3Ghz

4GB Ram

AMD Radeon HD 7730M & AMD Radeon HD 7660G

500GB HDD

USB 3.0

And a installed windows 7 on it.

I used myHack 3.3.1 and Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and made a bootable USB.

Every thing is ok and i can see installation with GraphicsEnabler=No flag.

I want to install OS X on a partitionwithout losing any data and without format whole Hard Disk and without installing windows 7 again.

Now, i format a partition to HFS+ type.

What should i do now?

post-76099-0-58661100-1428306755_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Once you've formatted (Mac OS X Extended (journaled)) your freshly created OS X partition, you install ML on it! If the HDD partitioning table is MBR, make sure to use the MBR patch too.

NB: If you don't want to risk losing any data in the process, I'd make some image/backup of your existing Windows/data partitions 1st if I were you... One is never too cautious, especially if a beginner.

I passed this step, and installed ML OS X on a partition. but after restart laptop, and select that partition ( Mac ) with necessary flags, for a second i see apple logo, then all display goes black ( monitor is on ), and HDD Lamp is off.
By the way, through installing os x, i remove 3 kext that myHack recommended.
1) " ApplePolicyControl.kext "
Causes Kernel Panic on many systems Unless on non apple computer. Strongly Recommended Remove It.
2) " AppleTyMCEDriver.kext "
Causes KP on system identified as Mac Pro 4,1 or 5,1 in smbios.plist. Recommended that you Remove It.
3) " AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext "
Causes Extremely Sluggish mouse and User Interface on many systems with NVIDIA Gfx . It is strongly Recommended that U remove this Kext.)

myHack installed Chameleon itself too. but i think without theme, cause i see boot screen black with white texts ( like windows boot screen ).
After that i boot too windows 7 and insatll EasyBCD 2.2 and add Mac Os X for second and non-default os, and apply and restart.
But when i want to boot to this os, i got a error "Chain booting error".
I googlei t and find maybe cause my mac partition was Logical AND under extended. So i format it to FAT32 and convert it to Primary with EaseUS Partition Master, and NOW i'm going to install ML again.

I'll try it and say what's happen... :shock:

Problem still there.
After installation completed, laptop restarted and then in boot screen,

myHack in first item,

System reserved

Windows 7

Mac

Other partition NTFS

Last partition NTFS

And i select Mac, then display goes black and HDD Light turned off!

Help me please   :oops:

Use boot flags -f -v to see what happens.

It stuck at TMSafetyNet.kext ( last loaded kext ) . and then goes to black screen. Even with -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No ( grapicsenabler=no use first for boot from usb and install hackintosh )

m7equpm9cj8kt8r09frz.jpg

And if i don't use -f boot flag, i think it stuck on AppleRTC.kext

I went to terminal and use ls command in /System/Lirary/Exnetsions/ and there is too many kext and ofcourse AppleRTC, TMSafetlyNet,...

And i did want to replace my own( downloaded last version ( i think so ) from somewhere ) with this command:

chmod -R 755 name.kext

But i remember it show a warning that can not change attribute of file

And

A warning that can not replace .... .

:?

• Administrators

Which kernel did you choose to go for? You did follow up the initial installation with vanilla (Intel) kernel replacement, right?

Did you install the generic bootpack when building your myHack USB installer, then install it too at the end of the myHack installation?

I'm using mach_10.8.3_fixed_rc4.zip, downloaded from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/103-amd-kernel/
After myHack works ended, open USB with TransMac and replace this file with original file.
And i don't get your second question! :oops:
I remember through installation, myHack ask do you want to install some generic stuff or you want to use your own? and i select yes, install generic. :mrgreen:
EDIT:
According to your word about vanilla, and according to http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/

A “Generic Extra†that should boot most vanilla systems which includes a preconfigured generic org.chameleon.Boot.plist and the following extensions:[/size]

• FakeSMC.kext (version 4.2)
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext
  • AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

Do you think i should not install those Generic Extra stuffs?!

• Administrators

The generic pack is Ok.

Did you or did you not replace the vanilla (=Intel) kernel installed during installation on the HDD partition? What you did to the USB installer in that respect needs to be repeated on the ML HDD... You cannot use a vanilla Intel kernel on your AMD machine, so make sure you always replace the file called "mach_kernel" at USB or HDD root by the AMD version. Then boot with flags -f -v.

The generic pack is Ok.

Did you or did you not replace the vanilla (=Intel) kernel installed during installation on the HDD partition? What you did to the USB installer in that respect needs to be repeated on the ML HDD... You cannot use a vanilla Intel kernel on your AMD machine, so make sure you always replace the file called "mach_kernel" at USB or HDD root by the AMD version. Then boot with flags -f -v.

No, i didn't. i do it now, and boot with -f -v flags and see:

iziyrmlehkxmojbs3yqr.jpg

And it stuck on it for a while and HDD light is off  :(

EDIT:

I have Paragon HFS for Windows.v10.2, so i can see HFS+ partitions on windows 7, so i copy amd kernel and paste it on mac partition, inside windows 7.