Is it right to have this CPU Temps, CPU Usage and RAM Usage?

JSolorzano

Hello, i have a Lenovo Y410p Hackintoshed with Yosemite 10.10.2 using Clover, already followed the native power management guide; i've been using it a while, but i felt the cpu too hot, these are the temps:

CPU:
Core 1 - 83 ºC
Core 2 - 84 ºC
Core 3 - 78 ºC
Core 4 - 76 ºC
CPU Package 85 ºC
---------------------

CPU Package Frecuency 3.07 GHz! -- I don't understand why!, my cpu basic frecuency is 2.4, turbo is 3.4, but... i never overclocked it!

CPU Package Average 3.01 GHz!

--------------------- CPU MONITOR

post-71991-0-78172400-1428457755_thumb.png

---------------------- RAM MONITOR
post-71991-0-35039400-1428457757_thumb.png

post-71991-0-78172400-1428457755_thumb.png

post-71991-0-35039400-1428457757_thumb.png

• Administrators

If the CPU seems to operates at Turbo speed all the time, you clearly have an issue with CPU power management. How did you set that up? What exact CPU model is it?

One thing to note is that your "basic" 2.4GHz frequency is probably the max nominal frequency, not the minimal speed of the CPU which should be way below. I invite you to research and read about Intel CPUs and things like SpeedStep, Low Frequency Mode, High Frequency Mode, etc.

• Administrators

Ok, so it's a Haswell i7-4700MQ, nominal speed 2.4GHz and max Turbo speed 3.4GHz.

Did you generate a SSDT with the usual script tool for your own CPU? If you didn't, please note that it is required/mandatory to obtain adequate CPU power management. You'll find the tool and detailed instructions at RampageDev's blog.

The CPU Power Management setup process also requires that you use the correct SMBIOS profile (Clover normally selects the correct one, with Chameleon you need to select it manually). In your case, it could be MacBookPro6,1/6,2 or possibly 11,1; it really depends on your specs. This SMBIOS profile can have an incidence on the number of intermediate CPU multiplier you'll obtain between LFM frequency (say 800MHz for instance, I don't know which it is for the i7-4700MQ) and nominal frequency (2.4GHz). The SSDT should then provide all or most of the turbo multiplier between x25 (2.5GHz) and x34 (3.4GHz).

Make  sure you do not activate P States or C States generation, whether it be with Chameleon or Clover. You may not have to select option "DropSSDT", though it is often required.

There are various tools to monitor Core "i" CPU SpeedStep; DCPIManager does provide a facility to monitor CPU multipliers for instance. And, of course, HWMonitor (choose the version that comes with FakeSMC) will display CPU speed/multiplier/voltage/T° on a (near) real-time basis.