Mouse not working after installation completed (welcome screen)

dr_jacky_2005

This is my machine specification:
System: Asus N56DP UltraBook (Chameleon)
CPU: AMD A10-4600M 2.3Ghz
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7660G + HD 7730M Dual Graphics, 1366x768
1gpih2eky6n55ofvsup3.png

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on a MBR partition via myHack 3.3.1, using GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag, with patched amd kernel (mach_10.8.3_fixed_rc4), with installing Generic Extra,Chameleon and removing 3 kexts that recommended by myHack
{
1) " ApplePolicyControl.kext "
Causes Kernel Panic on many systems Unless on non apple computer. Strongly Recommended Remove It.
2) " AppleTyMCEDriver.kext "
Causes KP on system identified as Mac Pro 4,1 or 5,1 in smbios.plist. Recommended that you Remove It.
3) " AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext "
Causes Extremely Sluggish mouse and User Interface on many systems with NVIDIA Gfx . It is strongly Recommended that U remove this Kext.
}

I used another amd kernels too but they didn't work for me; like:
AMD FX Kernel 10.8.x

AMD Kernel 10.8.x

Bronya_10.8_kernel_RC5

I have installed Windows 7 with Paragorn HFS+, so i can see and copy/paste in Mac partition.

After OS X installation completed, i logged in windows 7 and copy used amd kernel into Mac partition, then restart and log in OS X with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag, and now i can see Welcome and choose language screen , But my usb mouse and trackpad does not worked! But during installation os x, my mouse worked, but trackpad does not.
t1jl3ayqhlri0xnpn0qp.jpg

Should i install used kexts before boot into Mac Os X?! (via boot into myHack USB and using terminal and some command stuff that i don't know exactly)

• Administrators

I guess you could always temporarily use a wired USB mouse to get you started. Then, it's probably going to be a matter of identifying your built-in trackpad/mouse manufacturer & model to look for the correct kexts. Most laptops usually have an ALPS or an ELAN trackpad.

This being said, if your mouse/trackpad worked suring intial installation, one would expect that you copy copy those PS2 kexts from your USB installer to your target ML partition in /Extra/Extensions. Then run myHack->myFix (quick) to install them and get things working.

I guess you could always temporarily use a wired USB mouse to get you started. Then, it's probably going to be a matter of identifying your built-in trackpad/mouse manufacturer & model to look for the correct kexts. Most laptops usually have an ALPS or an ELAN trackpad.

This being said, if your mouse/trackpad worked suring intial installation, one would expect that you copy copy those PS2 kexts from your USB installer to your target ML partition in /Extra/Extensions. Then run myHack->myFix (quick) to install them and get things working.

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext that were in myHack USB/Extra/Extensions/ path, are in Mac Partition/Extra/Extensions/ path, before.

So what can i do now?!  :| 

What's your opinion about removing these kext and install Elan Touch Pad Kext 3.8.5 OR SmartTouchPad_v4.2_Final ?

If you say yes, should i remove those from this paths?

/System/Library/Extensions 

/Extra/Extensions

/System/Extensions/Library/myHack.kext/Contents/Plugins/

And another question: Why number of kext in myHack USb/Extra/Extensions is not equal and more than number of kext that are in Mac Partition/Extra/Extensions ?

• Administrators

You can sure try those Elan or ALPS kexts in /Extra/Extensions, followed by myHack-myFix (quick). myFix ups the kexts version to 1111 and copies them as PlugIns of /S/L/E/myHack.kext. Do not play with plugins of /S/L/E/myHack.kext or remove kexts from /S/L/E unless you have placed them there.

You can sure try those Elan or ALPS kexts in /Extra/Extensions, followed by myHack-myFix (quick). myFix ups the kexts version to 1111 and copies them as PlugIns of /S/L/E/myHack.kext. Do not play with plugins of /S/L/E/myHack.kext or remove kexts from /S/L/E unless you have placed them there.

I don't get it!

unless you have placed them there.

"them" means which ones and placed them where?!

First remove AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext from /System/Library/Extensions & /Extra/Extensions & /System/Extensions/Library/myHack.kext/Contents/Plugins/ then put Elan.kext into /Extra/Extensions/ then run myHack-myFix(quick) ?

Is that right?

By the way, before doing above steps, and with previous AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext, when i using -f -v USBBusFix=Yes boot flags, it get stuck in: (my point is more about above lines, not bluetooth error, yet) :

7yb8r55o3fylhe6e1bbk.jpg

• Administrators

As a golden rule, you should not place kexts directly under /S/L/E on a myHack-based installation, only in /Extra/Extensions. myFix handles them for you afterwards.

So, if you've added your kexts to /E/E, then you simply remove them from there, run myFix (quick) and that's it. Nothing else to do.

If you have kexts of the same name in /E/E and in /S/L/E, then myHack/myFix automatically forces the OS to load the kexts placed in /E/E by doing 2 things:

1) upping their versions to 1111

2) copying the kexts as PlugIns to /S/L/E/myHack kext from which OS X will load them

If you then remove the kexts from /E/E, myFix will consequentely remove them from myHack.kext PlugIns and the original/vanilla kexts placed in /S/L/E will automatically take over.

You need to read about myHack to understand how it works, I posted about that very matter on the forum some time ago. You'll find the thread in the myHack forum subsection.

• Like 1

I got a quote from Elan developer, that how install

HOW TO INSTALL:
1   Remove any existing "ApplePS2Controller, VoodooPS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2Keyboard and old Elan Touchpad" kexts if you have already installed from the HDD '/System/Library/Extensions ',  '/Extra/Extensions', and '/System/Extensions/Library/myHack.kext/Contents/Plugins/' (if you used myHack USB installer for OSX).
2   If you use USB installer to boot (used to install OSX), then you have to remove the above kexts from USB  '/Extra/Extensions'.
3   Install the Kexts inside the attached zip file using any kext installing methods. 

Ok, thank you for your detailed explanation.
I installed SmartTouchPad kext and problem solved pretty much; Wired USB mouse does not work, but trackpad worked, but double touch on pad does not acted, and i should click hard buttons for right and left click. (i readed somewhere that double click has a config in mac os x to enable it, b
I'll install Elan kext. let's see what's happening...

Problem solved. Thank you so much Hervé.
i didn't remove SmartTouchPad, but install usb 3 legacy and some other stuff, and now my wired USB mouse working.
And in Trackpad, in System Preferences, double click problem solved.

And now i have some other problems like Audio and network and ONLY 3MB Graphics memory, that should search more and even make e new topic for them.

Thanks.  ;)