D830 Battery Non-Existent Indicator

johnnynmonic

Hi - I have OSX Lion running on my Nvidia 140m d830.  I installed with MyHack.  The only REAL issue I had was the sometimes black-screen boot up, was fixed by a properly patched DSDT posted by someone here.  But the other issue that is not a deal-breaker, but annoying, is that I can't get it show the battery icon in the menu bar.  If I go to energy saving in the system prefs, the box immediatly unchecks when I check it. 

Have tried (one-by-one, installed via KextWizard, then discarded if not working):

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

VoodooBattery.kext

ACPIBatterManager.kext

booting with the -f flag

So far no luck.  It works fine on battery, I just never know how much charge is left.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Your voodoobattery works!  Weird, it's the exact same size as the one I had installed.  But I hadn't used MyHack, just kextwizard.  Thank you.

What about AppleSmartBatteryManager makes it better?  Would it even work on 10.7?  (yeah, I could just try it right now, but I'm a little reluctant to mess with it since it's finally working).

• Administrators

You can play all you want, no harm can happen. Remove VoodooBattery from /E/E and replace it by the other kext, then run myFix (quick) again and reboot. It should make no particular difference though afaik.