[E6410] Can't create Yosemite USB install due to time out

wsscott73

I've downloaded OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, the current version, and the zip file that has Diskmaker and Chamelion, and have tried twice to create the install USB, but it fails. Everything starts up fine and creates files, but it continues to run for hours and never completes, then if I click on the window it shows the error Apple Time Out. Help is appreciated.

I tried creating the USB using the Guide you referred me to and still having a problem.  This time when I started the installation it showed the error "Can't find System/Library/Kernels/kernel.  So I went back into the the USB and added a new folder called "Kernels" to the System/Library folder, and then copied the Vanilla Kernel that I had put in that location into the new Kernels folder.  Now it doesn't show an error message, but it stops installation and goes to a black screen.  Also I'm not sure if the Chameleon loader is working properly. (Is there supposed to be an image of a Chameleon that appears?  If so, then I'm not getting that on the screen). Here's what happens.  I insert the USB Disk, turn on the system (Dell Latitude E6410 with Intel video), go to boot options, have it boot from USB.  Then it starts the boot.  The screen is silver, and there's an image of a hard drive with an Apple logo with a bar below it that is decreasing in size, ie. I guess its counting down.  I hit enter then the bar is gone and just the hard drive image as described above.  I hit the enter key, and the image disappears, and then the normal Apple logo appears, and then a bar below it that starts darkening from left to right, like a normal boot.  It gets about 1/10 of the way across, and then stops and the screen goes black.  That's it.  Then I have to hold down the power button to turn off the machine.  I appreciate your help.  Thanks.

• Moderators

This has nothing to do with myHack. Moving it to E6xxx threads...

Dell Latitude E6410 with Intel video will not run well with Yosemite as your graphics is not supported whatsoever, not even CI.

If you still insist on installing Yosemite, you could try removing AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kext from your Installer. System will be laggy.

Thanks. I deleted those files and it installed fine and seems to run okay. I then downloaded Chameleon 2.3 and ran it, but now it won't boot without the USB. I think it has a black screen and a shrot error message, something like No Boot. Don't have it on right now. Can you help me fix this? Thanks again.

• Moderators

You'll have to delete the AppleIntelHDGraphics* from the Installed HDD as well. Installing Chameleon might have overwrite some settings in your Extra folder. Try replacing that with the one in the Installer.