E7240 Yosemite install - 'Malformed bundle'

Artur96

When running the installer for 10.10.3, it stops at the following error messages:
post-4953-0-05674000-1429640323_thumb.jpg

I have created the installer according to this guide using a Mavericks on VirtualBox.
I have installed the required patched kernel along with all useful stuff in post #4.
What do?

also what flags are you using? do yo have kext-dev-mode=1 ?

I'm using -v -f plus some extra default flags (that includes kext-dev-mode). FakeSMC is located in S/L/E right? I'll remove it and report back tomorrow.

• Moderators

Just tried the bootpack without an issue.

Make sure you set your Bios to the default and only set the SATA Operation to AHCI. 

You might want to leave out the SSDT unless you have an i7-4600U.

You can generate one for you CPU with ssdtPRGen.sh once you get the system up and running.

• Moderators

Only difference with my E7240 is that I have an i5-4300U but I checked your processor, it does have an Intel HD 4400 and should be supported with my bootpack. You could try leaving out the DSDT as well and boot with DSDT=0 -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=12

If that still doesn't work, there might some issue with your Installer. Make sure that if your Installer is from 10.10.3 and that the patched Haswell Kernel is also 10.10.3 in /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Still getting the same errors. I'll check my installer then and report back soon.

EDIT: I've checked the build version and it's 14D136. The correct kernel is also in the directory you've mentioned. I've made an installer using Yosemite 10.10.1 last week, which managed to install but later on couldn't boot. Since Yosemite isn't very stable in VirtualBox, I've decided to attempt to make another (this) installer in more-stable Mavericks. Do you reckon there's a difference between making an installer in Mavericks and Yosemite?