D630 (Intel Graphics) Kernel panic ( 10.6.3 Retail install)

March

Hello !

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french.

I've installed the EDP app and setting it on my D630  after retail install of mac os 10.6.3 (and with no update after), but All i get after EDP install is a KP with AppleACPIPlatform.kext like this (identical) : https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6179-installing-106-on-d-630/page-4

i've tried to delete the kext from /extra folder, but the KP still exist and not change (with -v -f flag boot after delete the Kext with install cd and terminal).

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks !

Thanks Hervé, your Pack work !

and good extra surprise: the atheros 928X wifi card I put in the computer in place of the incompatible intel card ... Also works!

First small problem, the internal CD drive is not working. Ill is powered and attempts to read the CD (we hear it spinning)  but mac os don't go up, and the CD drive does not Appear in "Disc Burning" or "Serial ATA" system information.

Then, the battery management does not seem to work either, I'll try to install voodoobattery

Finally, despite having followed advice on this subject in the topic, the sound still does not work: /

After reinstall of VoodooHDA.kext and VoodooBattery.kext and reboot, battery and sound work !

• Administrators

CD Drive normally works OOB. Battery management does indeed require a specific kext like VoodooBattery or AppleSmartBatteryManager. Audio support is provided by the patched STAC92xx kext pack and it's provided at the end of that afore mentioned thread.

Yes, battery and sound work now, thanks !

Remains the DVD drive.
Maybe it not work because I deleted IOATAFamily.kext to boot the system after installation because it was made kernel panic?

Oh yes, too, do I have to take special steps or precautions when installing the 10.6.8 combo update ? (or forget it completely?)