How i can install os x on my latitude e6420

IQ Developer

• Moderators

Yosemite, you could start reading from here.

Mavericks, you can check here.

If your intend is to use the Nvidia card rather than HD3000, use Wern's DSDT found in the Yosemite thread.

For Clover, check this thread.

There's lot of info here for this model, just use our search option.

Hello Jake Lo,  this is my first posting on this forum.   I just wanted to know if you could help me put the final touches on my e6420 i5 2540m.  I used the guide mentioned above and its working pretty well, except battery status(which from what I have heard doesn't work anymore) and Webcam for some reason doesn't work properly.  It turns on then starts flashing.  I have extracted my own DSDT's and SDST's that I would like to patch.  I'm just not sure what patches too apply to my DSDT and SDST (found the same SDST used in the zip, which for me was SDST-3).   So I just basically want to add all the same patches plus add another battery patch that I found and see if that would fix the issues.    I already know how to patch, just not sure which patches I should use.  Thanks.

OK thank you Jake Lo, I'll give it a shot when I get home later on.   I have been using a different config though, a more generic one made for the HD3000 as the config in the zip files gives me only black screen after selecting my OS drive in Clover.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Thx again.

Thx Jake Lo removing new way worked perfectly.  :D   So what does "New Way"  actually implement via clover?

Two small issues remaining to repair.  My WebCam only works properly when using Skype and I can't seem to boot without the USB stick.   I must mention I installed Clover in the UEFI way and I'm dual booting with Windows 7.   I tried the Legacy way and unfortunately it broke my Windows and had to re-install everything again plus it still wouldn't boot up.  If you have any suggestions for me that would be great.  If not I still greatly appreciated the help. My biggest issue was the battery status and I'm thrilled it works now.