D630/nvidia SL failure w/ 1.9.1.. near giving up...

Limeycars

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Installed via MyHack, Simeonoff's Extra Folder, and then running Kext Wizard to repair permissions & rebuild cache. This is the most functionality/stability I have had.

I do get a PK unless I use: -v pmVersion =0

I have....

Working wireless, keyboard, partial trackpad, 1024x768 graphics only on 1440 display. Sleep working via menu, lid switch has no effect.

Does not detect trackpad. It works, but no preference pane detection. No sound.

What's next?

Thanks!

Yeeehaaa!

We are almost there!

Lion installed, with latest 2.2 EDP beta as linked above. I have keyboard, trackpad, sleep, video, wireless, lid switches, sound, both front and back USB.

Not working are the pointer stick, which I could not care less about, and the trackpad buttons. Tapping works on the trackpad, but I have no, or very slow-responding physical buttons. Used option 3 in PS2 menu.

Should I try a new build with a different set of drivers?

What will I expect to have happen if I let the system update?

Thanks, guys, you rock!

• Administrators

the pointer stick doesn't work with any of the edp track pad kexts i believe... you should be able to build edp again using a different track pad option... as for updating you might lose networking... im not sure on your model. if your drive is big enough you can re size and clone your existing setup to a new partition using diskutility for your testing purposes... like that you always have a stable setup backed up to go to if things go wrong.

Success! We have Lion 10.7.2 on the D630/ nvidia using MyHack and EDP 2.2 beta!

Rebuilt using EDP 2.2 beta as linked above, chooseing option 4 in PS2 menu. Also ran repair permissions and rebuild cache with Kext Wizard.

We have working keyboard, mouse, trackpad and buttons, 1440 video, sound, wireless, all four USB, speedstep, sleep and wake, both manually and with lid.

You guys rock!

Also, that was excellent advice to partition the drive and clone the installation for testing purposes. Thanks, Bronx!

Its been a long road, but we finally got there, and I have at least some of my confidence back. :-)

Cheers!

OK, let's get back to a previous question (which should probably be moved to a different thread, and I leave that decision to you).

My D630 is finally rocking' on as well as can be hoped for, so huge thanks for all the help on that long, frustrating project.

I have several friends who would like to try their hands at a hackintosh project, but do not have the time to devote to playing around with a difficult build like I had to.

Is there one particular model/build spec that is more reliably installed than any other? For example a D620/intel/etc... Is anyone keeping tabs on what works out of the box and what is known for putting up a fight? Perhaps a survey is in order?

Thanks again, guys!