Triple boot OS X / Win / Linux on D430

Trunyce

Alright guys, everything was a success in the little hack but im having a hard time installing windows after i've successfully copied over Lion to the partition.  My plan is to install Windows and Linux to be able to triple boot.  Could someone please guide me to the best possible way to get all 3 OS(es) to run without a glitch? I don't care if i have to re-restore the Lion partition from my CCC backup drive.  Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Assuming you've partitioned your disk under GPT/GUID scheme (not MBR), format your target Windows partition as exFAT from Disk Utility. Then boot your Windows installation DVD and install Win on that partition, reformatting it NTFS.

If, at reboot, you seem to have lost your Lion partition, simply boot it via your USB installer and re-install Chameleon bootloader on it. Chameleon should then see both the Lion and Windows partition and offer them for potential selection at boot time.

• Like 1

Great, that seemed to have worked for me. Now, I'm trying to figure out which distro of Linux I want to install on the third partition. I ran into an issue before when i tried to triple boot my main machine in my room, which I'm using to type this now. After i installed the linux, chameleon bootloader couldn't see the linux partition upon boot and it broke the bootloader and now i always have to boot up with my usb plugged in.  I just don't wanna run into the same problem again with this D430.