Latitude D620, New Build, kernel Panic

Andy

Hello,

I would appreciate if some one could help me. I have followed the instructions given on tonycrapx86 site for Snow Leopard using Retail DVD, also I have followed the videos provided on that site.

http://tonycrapx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded)-multifail-install-mac-os-x-on.html

I have no experience with writing software, do not own a MAC. I do know how to install MS windows and PC drivers. For educational purposes, I would like to install MAC OS on this laptop, one hard drive and one partition for now.

Using iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), after many experiments, I have noticed that it takes 20-25 minutes to get to the setup screen and all this time the LCD is blank, and it is better not to touch anything on the laptop as it never finishes.

I have installed the retail DVD, and got into Snow Leopard desktop. Everything is nice and stable, screen resolution is set to max, no WiFi, no Ethernet. I have sound when I play various sounds in the Utlities, but can not hear an audio CD. applied the combo 10.6.8 update, ran the multifail with the options outlined in the video. A But after restart and when laptop boots up, I see a glowing icon for Snow Leopard. I click on it to boot MAC OS, and I see the apple logo, then I see the kernel panic and small windows in few languages to power down. I have tried the -x , but no help. I have also done the Repair Permission

I have gone through this process many times, I feel like it is so close to working, but my knowlege is extremely low. I do not know if I need to get drivers or some other things is wrong.

I would really appreciate if some one with the same Latitude D620 ( Intel GMA950, Intel Pro 3945ABG, Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx, Sigmatel audio ) can walk me through. Like I said, I can get the os and update installed but then I lose everything on restart or using multifail and restart.

Your Intel PRO Wireless Card will not work with Snow Leopard, since Apple never used that card in their machines and there is no kext for it. There are Broadcom cards made for your model that will work in Mac OS X (Dell Wireless 1490 Dual Band). Good luck!

Your Intel PRO Wireless Card will not work with Snow Leopard, since Apple never used that card in their machines and there is no kext for it. There are Broadcom cards made for your model that will work in Mac OS X (Dell Wireless 1490 Dual Band). Good luck!

Any advice on how to get the sound working? I have been at this hackintosh for alomost a month!

Thanks