[SOLVED] Sound driver problem - ALC292

uniqe15

I haven't check forum in awhile but my audio is flawless. I'm running 10.9.5 with the patched AppleHDA.kext from user Joe,  I have CodeCommander.kext in System>Library>Extensions and EAPDfix.kext inside EFI Clover>kexts>10.9.
Not a problem connecting or disconnecting headphones or after sleep.

• Moderators

cazy,

Thank you for your contribution. It never occurred to me to use both kexts that do the same thing. So far it's working well on Yosemite 10.10.3.

Not a problem connecting or disconnecting headphones or after sleep. I installed both to /S/L/E because I'm still using Chameleon loader.

I have another setup with Clover, but it's at the office, so will test that as well later. Patched AppleHDA ALC292 is in my bootpack for E7440 curtesy of Joe82. Attached are the kexts used if anyone wants to experiment too.

Credits to Dolner/Rehabman/theDarkVoid for the latest CodecCommander and EmlyDinesh for EAPDFix.

Cheers.

Update:

After some testing, found some issue if system is put to sleep with HP plugged in. Works pretty consistent if HP is not plug in before sleep or during wakeup. 

cazy, are you seeing the same issue? If not, then can you provide the version of the kexts you're using?

Update2:

I think I found the best combo. Updated attachment with CodecCommander originally patched by theDarkVoid to fix some widget issue

Audio_Fix_ALC292.zip