EDP Download for D620

soullessrogue

I have been working on getting my D620 running Snow Leopard again for a couple of days now, I have been unable to get an install to work without the need for an external display until I went with a vanilla 10.6.3 install.  I have a few issues though, I am unable to locate anywhere I can get a version of EDP in order to have full functionality?  

If someone can help with a way to get EDP that would be great! 

Also, I have a few options at my disposal for processor upgrades, if I wanted to run Lion on my D620 (Intel low res) would I have to upgrade to a Core2Duo?  

• Administrators

EDP is being updated, though should be available for download as far as I understood. Failing that, I can easily post a complete D620 GMA950 LoRes bootpack that will not require subsequent EDP tuning...

I looked for a while and sourced a D620 low res extra folder, although I am yet to get a copy of EDP.  

My question now, since I do not have EDP, will I be able to update to 10.6.8 and keep my network functionality? Or will there be a way to use the extra folder that I found and reinstall the extra with MyHack after I run the update? 

This thing has shot my confidence to hell... Had everything working problem free and as it should have, even downloaded and ran the 10.6.8 combo as I should have.... Restarted after the myfix confident that I had it all right, but once it booted, I had no network and also lost my USB connectivity.

I'm going to try again tomorrow and hopefully lose the urge to go back to PCLOS...

• Administrators

Here you'll find a full SL 10.6.8 pack for the LoRes (1280x800) D620 GMA950. Should also work for 10.6.0/10.6.3 installation base prior to update to 10.6.8. This need no further EDP tuning, it provides a fully working system, wifi support excluded depending on installed card.

Refer to the Performance tuning thread for details and copy of HWMonitor app if you want to monitor CPU speed and T°.