lion possible on dell D620

rjjd

hi Jawhnl5 thank you of the reply, I am trying to make the bootable usb stick but when i open de edp tool.command i get this message ?? ERROR 2: WORKPATH is set to /Volumes/OS X USB install/Extra, it should be /Extra, make sure that you ran edptool.command from /Extra

What i am doing wrong ( sorry i am an newbie and familiar with mac can you help me out?

• Administrators

use boot pack from your machine from wiki instead for the installer then install edp after os install..... but it make sure you have core 2 duo for lion install if not your going to waste your time as it will not work on core duo cpu.

hi Jawhnl5 thank you of the reply, I am trying to make the bootable usb stick but when i open de edp tool.command i get this message ?? ERROR 2: WORKPATH is set to /Volumes/OS X USB install/Extra, it should be /Extra, make sure that you ran edptool.command from /Extra

What i am doing wrong ( sorry i am an newbie and familiar with mac can you help me out?

Follow the guide again, but instead of using EDP to prepare the Extra folder, download the one that matches your D620 model (GMA950 Graphics or nVidia graphics) from the link provided. EDP does not work when making Extra folders for install usb drives. Also, turn on your D620 and on the dell screen, hit F2 and go to System Info. If it says "Core Duo", don't even attempt it. If it says "Core 2 Duo", there is still hope.

Hi i just installed lion on my d620 , but there is one slight problem, The laptop does not boot from the harddrive but only from the usb stick ? Thit i miss something or forgot to install an bootloader?