Latitude D620 Success, 90% there

Andy

Using iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD and retail Snow Leopard 10.6 retail DVD ( I do not have a mac or 8GB USB drive), I installed the OS.

Then I did the steps:

4. Install EDP ( In MS Windows, I just added the Extra folder unpacked, and the EDP. Then plugged it in the Hackintosh to install the EDP with)

5. Install Bootloader (Chameleon) from EDP

6. Install 10.6.8 update

5. Reboot

When rebooted, I got the kernel panic. Booted with "-x" gets me to the OS and desktop. I have not been able to get here for ever.

The OS reports 10.6.8. The touch pad very sticky, no sound device. Ethernet is there. System wakes from sleep, but no dash board or anything else on the desktop. When running EDP, I chose the safest options.

Please help me on what may be wrong, and how to fix it. Attached is the picture of the kernel panic.

Thank you.

post-2786-071123900 1320021832_thumb.jpg

re install edp and build for your machine.

Ok, I did the EDP again by downloading the 1.9 version from this site directly into desktop. ( My usb was not working in safe mode). Ran it, and now I do not get any kernel panic and it boots in OS perfectly. Sound is not working. How do I get the sound working?

Many thanks.

which machine is it? put your specs in you signature.....

Latitude D620 , Core 2 Duo 2GHZ, Intel GMA950, Sigmatel Audio, Broadcom 57xx, Intel Pro 3945ABG.

The instructions on this site says to run the EDP from the USB drive, with the EXTRA folder extracted on the root of USB drive. When I ran the EDP 1.9, I just downloaded from the website and ran it. What I am asking does EDP use any files from the EXTRA folder?

Thanks again.

Latitude D620 , Core 2 Duo 2GHZ, Intel GMA950, Sigmatel Audio, Broadcom 57xx, Intel Pro 3945ABG.

The instructions on this site says to run the EDP from the USB drive, with the EXTRA folder extracted on the root of USB drive. When I ran the EDP 1.9, I just downloaded from the website and ran it. What I am asking does EDP use any files from the EXTRA folder?

Thanks again.

When I was typing the above, the laptop went to sleep, and when awaken it had a kernel panic. After shut down, and reboot it booted in OS without even asking for my password.