EDP crashed on D630 Intel GMA X3100

Zanzibar

Good morning from Philadelphia PA.

Attempting to install the Hi-Res bootpack for the D630 Intel X3100 and, using the new version 7 EDP,  both Clover and Chameleon bootloaders are detected and so, no Install.

You'll excuse me but this is an obvious Bug -  there is NO Clover bootloader on this Legacy BIOS and, if there is, I'm ready to eat my Yankees Ballcap with some seasoned salt. I've never seen so much futility in attempting to run Lion 10.7.5 Retail without using VirtualBox.

I had a Pro here in Philly say that it can't be done and that I'll need to replace the T7500 Merom CPU AND flash another BIOS to have any remote chance. Just to support the fact that building a Hackintosh onto the popular Dell D630 is beyond the awareness of local Professionals. I guess that this is what Apple and BSD bring to the table. A cold bowl of potato soup (Vichyssoise). Tastes terrible. What first started out as a challenge has turned into a virtual impossibility. No amount of either skill or luck will put you where you need to be. Absolutely incredible coming from a CET (Certified Electronics Tech).

• Administrators

Well, if EDP still isn't functional for D6x0, here you'll find a complete Lion 10.7.5 pack for the D630 X3100 HiRes. This does not require to use EDP at all on a myHack-based installation. Just copy the attached /Extra folder to your HDD root and run myHack-myFix (quick). That's all. Reboot and you should be up and running in no time.