lenovo z50-70 - Intel HD4400 7MB

hottt

I could compile all DSDT and SSDT's and I saved it in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.....

I followed your guide. But my NVIDIA GT 840M is not getting disabled....(Screenshot Attached). It is showing up as NVIDIA Chip Model in System Information..... Even brightness isn't working.There is no slider showing up in Preferences -> Display. I have attached the patched DSDT and SSDT's files (Archive.zip).

I have Intel i7-4510u processor.....what would be it's ig-platform-id?

I installed Yosemite 10.10.5 ( No fix for 10.10.5 mentioned here ). Any fix for the garbled boot screen?

When I compile the DSDT, I get the Name already exists in scope(External (_SB_.PCI0.RP05.PEGP, UnknownObj) error. How to fix this? I temporarily changed it to a comment line //External (_SB_.PCI0.RP05.PEGP, UnknownObj). 

I want to Dual Boot with Windows 10. Which is the best guide available for this laptop (Lenovo Z50-70 i7-4510u)? 

Thanks, in advance.

Archive.zip

post-82344-0-48638700-1441182709_thumb.png

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think the ig-platform-id values do not depend on i5 or i7 processor..... they only depend on the integrated graphics card...I have Intel® HD Graphics 4400 

so the ig-platform-id is 0x0a260000. Correct me if I am wrong :-).

You asked what ig-platform-id value you should use. It depends on the computer and its integrated Intel HD 4x00 graphics. That's why I suggested you try the values in the range detailed by RampageDev as you may actually find you obtain graphics acceleration with a different value than expected. Now, if you already know which values work, why ask? Just try and if it does not give you satisfaction, try the other values until you find the value that does.

I could compile all DSDT and SSDT's and I saved it in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.....

I followed your guide. But my NVIDIA GT 840M is not getting disabled....(Screenshot Attached). It is showing up as NVIDIA Chip Model in System Information..... Even brightness isn't working.There is no slider showing up in Preferences -> Display. I have attached the patched DSDT and SSDT's files (Archive.zip).

I need to see your unedited DSDT in order to fnd out what needs to be edited.

There is no sure shot way to tell which ig-platform-id to use. You have to try all out to see which works. The default is 0x0a260006 but in my case 0x0a260000 worked.

^^ Kindly post those patches for everyone of us.

they were in the rehabman patch repository. usb3 _prw(0x0D) or (0x6D) (you need to look at your dsdt before and after change to see which yours is. ) Also either remove _Prw from lid (removes option in pmset for lid wake) or poll for lid changes which includes a kext which I used but had to do lid wake 0 for it to work.

I even used your post for the basis of a machine which was somewhat similar but lucked out as it needed no battery patch and no lid wake/sleep patch! Tried the lid patch and it gave errors

• Like 1