EDP cannot be installed for some reason?

ISR

I have installed OSX Mavericks and I wanted to run EDP to finish off the install but it simply will not install.

The installer says that it finds Clover and Chameleon and thus it cannot continue the install.

The boot disk onto which I installed OSX did in fact have clover on it at one time.  But I have formatted and removed the EFI partition and so there should be no Clover installed at all.  The disk has completely been reformatted.

Still, it says it finds clover.

Is there any way to fix this?

The only thing I haven't done yet but I will soon is simply recreate the installer.

Thanks,

ISR

• Administrators

Do a low-level formatting using some of the freely available Windows tools. That will most certainly wipe out all existing partitions that may not be deleted by a "standard" repartitioning, especially the hidden ones.

Right. I repartioned with a windows app and got the EDP to install once but I got a kernel panic and had to reinstall OS X and then EDP came up with the same issue. So I changed my hard drive to one that has never had clover on it and I still got the same error: Clover and Chemeleon both exist so cannot continue.

It's defiantly not my hard drive because it's never had clover installed. So I changed the install media and completely reinstalled and got the same error. Something is wrong.

I have the same problem. I have a Dell D630, nVidia 135, 1440*900 machine with OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 which was installed with myhack 3.x and than i did make my Extra with edp6.app for at least 10 or 11 month.

Now I try to install epd7.app. When i double click on edp7.app the installer does start, it does connect to your website, it does download some files, but it does than tell, that it can not continue to install edp7.app, because "there is chameleon and clover installed" at my hard disk.

There is defenitely no clover installed at my hard disk, because the efi partition is empty (and I never did install clover on my installation).

So there is a major bug in the installer of edp7.app, that does prevent to install edp7. I ask:

Maybe: must I uninstall edp6 first?

If yes, how can i uninstall EDP6.app?

Regards

Thomas

• Administrators

myHack v3.xx never supported Yosemite so I think it would have been difficult to create a myHack Yosemite installer. If you did, tell us how because you'll make lots of people happy.

More seriously, I've recently posted full packs for the D630 nVidia, so don't hesitate to use that as a workaround to the current EDP issues.

myHack v3.xx never supported Yosemite so I think it would have been difficult to create a myHack Yosemite installer. If you did, tell us how because you'll make lots of people happy.

More seriously, I've recently posted full packs for the D630 nVidia, so don't hesitate to use that as a workaround to the current EDP issues.

Bjr Hervé, you are right, i did install Mavericks at the D630, than did install edp6.app and did install drivers with edp6.app. than i did use a Carbon Copy Cloner copy of the Macbook (10.10.1) of my cousin. I did put in that Harddisk into my D630 as second hardddisk, did boot Mavericks 10.9.5 from first hardisk, did install chameleon with chameleon installer at the second hardddsik did copy /Extra and a few kexts from /System/Library/Extensions from the first disk to the second disk and was after able a few tries to boot Yosemite 10.10.1 from the second harddisk.

Now i could make the second harddisk to my first harddisk.

Regards,

Thomas

Same problem here. With a lattitude d430, ML and Edp 7. I never installed clover.

The uninstaller failed too, also claiming that both clover and chemeleon are installed.

After that, I tried with EDP v6. But that’s a another (sad) story.