OSX Mavericks on E5520 QE/CI Help

jlee7695

I'm currently trying to fully enable the graphics on my Latitude E5520 with HD3000 Graphics. I cannot seem to find the right Framebuffer Kext to enable QE/CI and it's becoming quite frustrating. I'm new to the whole Hackintosh thing so please excuse my ignorance. :mrgreen:  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are my system specs:

CPU:Intel Core i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Chipset: Intel HM65 (Sandy Bridge)

Memory:4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3l

Graphics: Intel HD3000 (FHD 1920x1080)

Let me know what other info I might need to provide. Thanks

• Administrators

Look at the guides for E6220/E6320/E6420 of similar specs. HD3000 is normally supported OOB, you only need a patched FrameBuffer kext to support VGA output and/or HDMI output, otherwise the vanilla kext will do.

With a HiRes display such as yours, you need to enable DualLink through Chamleon boot plist (if applicable of course) or through DSDT.

I've got dual link enabled and all of the right kexts installed, but QE/CI still won't work right. I didn't know that about the frame buffer so I'll just delete it since I don't necessarily need output from this OS. I'll look into those guides as well and post any results.

• Moderators

If you delete AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and AppleIntelHD3000Graphics from /S/L/E, then you won't be able to get QE/CI. Those kexts are required. Restore them if you have the backup files or grab them from your Installer.

• Administrators

Just verified behaviour on my E6220: with or without DSDT + GE=Yes/No, I systematically get full QE/CI with the built-in HD3000 (dev id 0x0126) and vanilla graphics kexts. In my particular case of a 1366x768 LCD, I don't need to set DualLink to 1 of course.

I do have the AppleIntelHD300 kexts but the AppleSNBGraphics Kext is the one that I can't find the right version for. Every patched version I've tried causes me to get a black screen after booting. I guess all I need os the right SNBGraphics kext as of now

• Moderators

What sound card do you have?

Most likely IDT 92HD90bxx. See my link below for Exx20_AppleHDA if you're install Mavericks.

See Yosemite Guide link for Yosemite version in post #2 of guide.

I reinstalled the AppleHDA, which resulted in OSX not being bootable. I deleted the kext in safe mode and then rebooted and now everything works except Wi-Fi (which I will fix when my new Wi-Fi card comes in) and the touch pad. Thank you for your help getting me to this point!