Kext for Tracking Point on a stock D630 Keyboard

Zanzibar

Good afternoon, gentlemen.  This one's a chuckley-poo -  is there a Kext for the  Tracking Point on a stock

Latitude D630 Keyboard ?   Interesting how this one goes -  if I could access the Device Manager on the Windows 8.1 that

I had before I erased my Intel X25-M  SSD,  this would be an Automatic. But,  now that I lean in the direction of Mac OS X Lion,  I went into System Info  and didn't find  a place to begin.  So, for you Administrators and Members who are perfectionists,

what's the Kext for this Bad Boy ?  When the Keyboard was recognized shortly after a  successful Install,  it didn't enable the Tracking Point for the first time since acquiring the D630 from EBay for  $50.  And, it's spotless, only one mild scratch on top front cover.  And, now that this D630 has an Intel X25-M  160GB  SSD  under the Hood,  the unit is WarpSpeed fast.  But, for the time being, if any of your Crew ( like Bronxteck)  had the drop on this so that I* can tie the loose ends together and master this laptop, I would appreciate it. Thanx from Phila. and, by all means, have a very goodday.

• Administrators

This has been mentioned several times before. The latest thread eludes me but you'll find it and the answer with a little forum search. From memory, you remove one of the PlugIns from the VoodooPS2Controller, but I could be wrong of course.

No, Sir - an amazing memory for as much variable data this hobby requires that you maintain. You remove or delete the plugin VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext and the TrackPoint comes to life and the TrackPad retains its function. However, if you go into System Preferences and open the TrackPad, you obviously won't find any data because its identity has technically been deleted.  But, another glitch has been solved and I offer you sincere thanks.