E6400 OS X 10.11 DP Installation

krzysztofc10

• Administrators

Open up the DSDT.aml file with a tool such as DSDTEditor, then do a search for "EHCI" and replace by "EHC1" (there could be a couple of instances). Compile the edited code and save as DSDT.aml. Place the newly compiled DSDT file in the Clover folder and reboot.

• Administrators

You need to set up the clover config.plist correctly for your own model, depending on specs. Could mean unselecting all DSDT fixes, selecting (or not selecting) kernel and/or AICPUPM patch, etc. I still haven't managed to boot the Clover USB installer on my C2D-based D630 either...

This problem can not be solved,because it's driver and hardware problem relate USB,unless you can modify driver or buy new hardware,you should wait for Apple fix

The developer release notes for El Capitan warns

USB storage devices, including internal SD card readers, may become unavailable after system sleep and require either re-plug or restart to recover.
USB input devices may become non-functional on some Macs after several days.

USB 1.0, 1.1 and older 2.0 devices may not function.

I can assure anyone attempting this install that there are no hardware issues with the Latitude E6400 and the OS X  El Capitan 10.11 Beta release.

As I mentioned on the previous page, editing the DSDT.aml file as noted resolved any issue I was experiencing both with booting the install and USB system functionality.   While using the same kexts I use to boot OS X 10.10.3, Bluetooth, USB, Firewire, Keyboard & Trackpad, as well as Apple HDA system audio all function exactly as they should in El Capitan as they do in Yosemite.

The only other suggestion I can offer is to check if your using the boot arg: rootless=0 among the arguments within your Clover config.plist file.

PS. I have additionally uploaded a screen shot displaying the contents of my OS X 10.11 El Capitan Beta Install partition as well as my System profile displaying every mounted partition.    Although my Install is contained and boots from a hard drive installed in an external USB enclosure, it should not matter as it operates the same as a thumb drive.

post-56137-0-03464200-1434925316_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Check the various USB devices in the DSDT, they may also have to be renamed into UHC devices. Changing EHCI to EHC1 may not be sufficient. Following such advise from Polyzargone at IM, I'm about to verify this on the D630.

Meantime, try this new one where all USBx devices are converted to UHCx devices:

E6400_DSDT.aml.zip