Trouble installing Mavericks or Yosemite on E6420

jolly roger

Hello,

i tried to make a bootable stick with Mavericks and got CPU failures and i tried to make a bootable Yosemite stick with this guide and the guide linked there but it doen't work too.

There will be no bootloder found or no bootable system found on the stick........

Am i too stupid for that Hackintosh thing or my Dell 6420 is not willing to be a Hackintosh......

I spend too much hours for that and no success....... :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Best Regards

jolly roger

• Moderators

At the bottom of Hervé's guide, he mentioned to replace SSDT if you have different CPU...so don't use the included SSDT from his guide.

" :!:   :!:   :!: Other E6420 laptops fitted with same graphics hardware config (GPU + Screen) but different CPU will require a different and suitable SSDT table than provided in the above pack (can be looked up on the web or created with SSDT generator tool -> See RampageDev's blog for detailed guide)."

• Administrators

Jolly Roger, please post specs of your laptop.

If you've got a different CPU, boot without SSDT and you may have to add NullCPUPowerManagement until you generate your own CPU-specific SSDT to handle native CPU power management.