PCMCIA

Tengokuu

• Administrators

i had it working on my d620-intel the driver had to be in s/l/e but on some models it would cause kp on boot unless there was a card inserted it was called IOPCMCIAFamily.kext if you look in Extra/storage/kextpacks/pcmcia you should find it.... use an app to install to s/l/e but be warned it might crash your install. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT TRY IT ON LION. IT'S A 16BIT LEGACY KEXT FROM OSX 10.4

i had it working on my d620-intel the driver had to be in s/l/e but on some models it would cause kp on boot unless there was a card inserted it was called IOPCMCIAFamily.kext if you look in Extra/storage/kextpacks/pcmcia you should find it.... use an app to install to s/l/e but be warned it might crash your install. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT TRY IT ON LION. IT'S A 16BIT LEGACY KEXT FROM OSX 10.4

Installed the kext with Kext Helper, rebooted fine, OSX doesn't see my PCMCIA card reader. Know whats up?

then the kext does not work on your hardware.... that's kinda why we never fully supported it. very iffy. i don't remember if you can add device id's to it's plist.

Actually. For that matter, I installed the kext with Kext Helper, and when I rebooted, it wasnt even in the Extra/Extensions folder.