Yosemite 10.10 with Clover on E6500

howoarang

Hi, finally I can post my files to boot Yosemite 10.10 Final on Dell Latitude E6500 (it may works on E6400, too).

I used Clover bootloader r2953.

In folder /EFI/Clover/OEM/ I have folder 0PP476, which is ID of my motherboard (You can rename it with your own).

I this folder are needed files to booting (config.plist, DSDT.aml and needed kexts). 

This is working:

- CPU speedstep

- GPU with native resolution 1920x1200

- Sound (with VoodooHDA 2.7.3 + AppleHDADisabler) I think, you can use patched AppleHDA for IDT sound, it works, too, but I don't know, if it will work after update 10.10.1

- Bluetooth

- WLAN

- LAN

- Shutdown + restart

- TRIM for SSD HDD, patch is applied in clover.config file :)

This is not working:

- SLEEP, after press button to sleep, fans are still working, only display goes to sleep mode. The same result with closing LID.

- SD card reader (I have not tested it completely, but 8GB SDHC card it not readable.

- iMessage

Sorry for stupid questions.

1) Need to create folder with Motherboard Id under /EFI/Clover/OEM on the USB Stick and folder should be empty?

2) Appreciate where to put config.plist, dsdt.aml and kexts on the USB stick (url?)

Clover is little hard for me to understand. I did the install and then installed Clover, but that killed my shutdown and bluetooth even though I got iMessage. Really appreciate any help so I can get everything working.

Thanks for the clarification. When I installed Clover manually over Chameleon, I had issues with Shutdown and Bluetooth. So I want to re-install using Clover on the USB stick. However, before I do that I wanted to ask if my ONE pressing problem right now - Sleep - is an issue with a bad kext or because my dsdt.aml needs a patch.

Description of my issue:
1) If I let computer idle, power light is blinking, but really only the screen is off and HD is running. So its not really sleeping. I can't take it off its pretend sleep using keyboard or mouse, but have to press Power button (not really a biggie)
2) If I select Sleep from menu, it pretends to sleep but then pressing the blinking power light does not bring light back on. I have to power cycle.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

*EDIT* Never mind! I saw your other post. I didn't know I had to waite 20 seconds. Sleep IS working. How can I make it ask me password when I wake it? THAT is not working.

Now if only someone can give me Kext to Fix my internal Card Reader. Anyone have it working?