SFOTT

Zanzibar

Administrators and Gentlemen (ladies, too) -  was curious to get your professional feedback on something that's seldom seen and heard around here -  using Sixty-Four on Thirty-Two  as an option to install Mountain Lion on my D630 w/  X3100  Hi-Res Graphics.  Was tired of bypassing the obligations associated on MLPF  and tried what some seem to think is a much better answer.  It's my understanding that ML  needs to be a  Golden Master (GM)  which, fortunately, it is.  By the time I laid it all into place,  it couldn't find the  mach_kernel.   What's up with THAT ?  I have ML on another partition , obviously without  QE/CI, LauchPad and the New Notifications  etc.  I'm wondering what I've missed ?   I had the same problem trying to install Mavericks,  and it also couldn't find the mach_kernel.  Oh,well -  I will continue to read until my eyeballs pop, and then, pop them back in and continue reading.  Thanx and, by all means, have a nice day. 

• Administrators

You're mistaken. SFOTT is a tool to support installation of 64bit-only versions of OS X on older EFI32 Mac systems that do not natively support booting 64bit-only versions but can perfectly run them with the correct hardware (e.g.: MacPro1,1/2,1, etc.). Consider it a bypass mechanism to EFI32. It's of no use on Hackintoshes and will not help you in the matter of getting X3100 support under ML on a D630. Not much you can do but use MLPF with its own particular bugs & limitations and, of course, a legit' copy of ML (whatever the released mainstream version) which may still be available here.

Ah-ha !  No wonder why it didn't work !  After the SFOTT Installer had finished,  when opened all that it had  to offer was 

the ML Installer.app  and  other Applications.  Thanx for the heads-up  -  I guess that I hadn't read enough to be making a

sound decision.  Even though that I'm a Pro in the real world, I'm pretty much still a noob  when it comes to Mac OS X . Thanx again for your time and patience and, by all means,  have a very goodday !