e7240 Yosemite 10.10.3 Problems

aviepic

Hey guys, I have a Dell Latitude e7240 and I am trying to install Yosemite on it.

My specs are:

i5-4310u

HD4400

8GB Ram

32GB SSD(for osx)

256GB SSD(Windows)

After I install I can successfully boot without QE/CI Acceleration. When I try to install the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzule.kext my laptop fails to boot after. I used the flags "-v -f IntelAzulFB=12" and I also tried only "-v -f" but the boot keeps getting stuck. Before it freezes up, the screen flashes once. I used this guide: (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-e6xxxe7xxx-yosemite-install-guide/) and I used the kexts and everything given in post four. It would be great if someone could help me out with this!

Thanks

Avi

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems the OS is loaded but the graphics are not displaying. For example after i verbose boot, when it 'freezes up' the OS is able to detect when USB hardware is connected to the computer and like when i click like f8 or something i can hear sounds from the OS. I just can't get graphics to work unfortunately

I tried booting into safe mode but it does not boot, same thing happens. It shows XCPM P-State issue or something I don't know if this is exactly relevant or not but thats one of the last lines of code that shows up before it freezes.