Complete set of files (Clover/Enoch) for El Capitan/Sierra

polyzargone

I am looking for some help. I got everything working except for wifi, which worked fine on Yosemite and prior with the same kexts. For some reason, El Capitan does not recognize my wifi at all, not even a symbol shows up on the menubar. I'm using a DW1390 wifi card. Which cards are you guys using? Could it be the card that's the problem?

BTW, I'm using Clover.

I have attached my EFI.

EFI.zip

I finally figured it out. It was your DSDT that was the problem. I switched back to using the DSDT that was supplied with EDP/bootpack on this website (which was working flawlessly on my D830) and got my wifi working again, but of course I had to modify it to rename EHCI to EHC2 for USB. Learning how to modify the DSDT was a pain though.

So I'd say it's best to use your own DSDT if you can (or the one supplied here on EDP/bootpack) and do the modifications yourself to ensure all your hardwork is detected and working properly.

You are correct !

I made edits in the original DSDT from Bootback to match my WIFI hardware. Funny thing is that it's totally useless for me since my Atheros AR928X is natively supported :oops: .

I've restored the original one in a new set of files in post #9 so everyone can use it.

Thanks for reporting this mistake :-P !

Well, actually restoring orginal DSDT from Bootpack was a mistake.

First, this DSDT contains errors with Nvidia injection. It has this :

"device_type",
                                Buffer (0x0D)
                                {
                                    "NVDA,GeForce"
                                },

"model",
                                Buffer (0x18)
                                {
                                    "NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS"
                                }

Where there should be this :

"device_type",
                                Buffer (0x0C)
                                {
                                    "NVDA,Parent"
                                },

"model",
                                Buffer (0x17)
                                {
                                    "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M"
                                }

Using NVDA,GeForce instead of NVDA,Parent cause black screen issues.

Note that 135M can be replaced by 140M, but Quadro NVS is the standard Nvidia graphics model used in D830 Series, not the NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS.

Second, NOT renaming USBx to EHCx works fine but that's not what OS X expect. Not a big deal in Yosemite or previous OS X version since the system doesn't really care but a major issue in El Capitan because it waits for EHCx names so we can't use USBx anymore.

But renaming USBx to EHCx is still not enough. If we leave EHCx as it in the DSDT, El Capitan will use this information to map USB ports number according to the SMBios he founds in AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext inside IOUSBHostFamily.kext.

And ports mapping for the MacBookPro5,1 lacks a lot of ports for a D830 Latitude. So we need to bypass the AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext to inject our own ports mapping. That's the purpose of both renaming EHCx to EH0x and USB_Injector.kext.

• The first prevents EHCx to be used by AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext.

• The later is configured to match any occurrences of EH0x in the DSDT (manually or "on the fly patched") to prevail over AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext. That way, we can inject precisely the number and addresses of each USB port according to the DSDT, not what OS X expects to find in Apple's stock kexts.

The reason why you "think" your USB ports are working well is a mystery to me. Using the untouched DSDT (USBx names) with no Clover's DSDT patch for renaming resulted in non-working USB ports at all. I've just tried to see if latest OS X versions changed something on that matter.

Well obviously they don't.

Perhaps you're only using keyboard and trackpad when using your D830 but I will be very surprised that connecting any USB device in one of the 3 ports of your Latitude actually works.

Maybe the one on the back will but I'm pretty sure the two right-sided won't. Even if they do, you may have surprises when connecting some devices like Hard Drives, iPhone, USB sticks, etc.

But again, If I do the way you do, none of the USB ports works. And of course USB_Injector.kext does nothing :P.

You should really test all of your USB ports with various devices…

I strongly advice you use the new DSDT posted in CLOVER.zip in post #9 which is corrected regarding NVDA,GeForce issue and is now clean on the WIFI side. I completely removed my own patch so you shouldn't have the issue your accurately reported ;).

It's not the original one from EDP/Bootpack but you can see now there's a good reason why :D.

[EDIT]

Wait, maybe I read too fast.

You meant that you didn't renamed UHCx but still you edited EHC1/EHC2 to EH01/EH02 ? If so, forget what I wrote. Renaming USBx to UHCx is not important. Only EHCx have to be renamed to match what USB_Injector.kext expects so I'm not surprised anymore you have no problem with your ports :oops: !

Yeah, I meant to say I changed EHCI to EHC2, then used USB_injector.kext. Left everything else alone as your config.plist for CLOVER already has an auto patch to rename EHC1/EHC2 to EH01/EH02. I was just wondering what the purpose of additionally changing USBx to UHCx if all the previous has been done. But thanks for clearing that up.

I used your new DSDT and things are better. I can finally get my GPU sensors to be read. I was having random black screen issues when restarting/shutting down (all the way from Mavericks), but I'll see if this gets rid of that. Hopefully, it does as that's the only problem this laptop has.

I noticed the power button on the laptop no longer works to acess the shut down dialog. It actually does nothing on OS X.

It used to work on Yosemite and prior versions, but not on El Capitan.

I am using your clover folder and files. Is there any fix for this?