Complete set of files (Clover/Enoch) for El Capitan/Sierra

polyzargone

Yes it should if you only use Enoch :P.

If you use Clover, you can't go back to MBP5,1 SMBios once Sierra is installed because it will use the boot.efi (contrary to Enoch) and say : "This version of Mac OS X is not supported" (see this post at InsanelyMac). I guess the limitation is hard-coded right in the boot.efi file so unless we find a way to patch it "on the fly", the only solution is to use a MBP7,1 SMbios or fake the board-id of the MBP5,1.

So I wanted to avoid confusion with one Extra_Sierra.zip using MBP5,1 and another Clover_Sierra.zip using MBP7,1. Also, I wanted to simplify installation since using the later doesn't require the user to do anything particular.

Finally, I also made a new USB_Injector.kext that works with MBP7,1. Note that it's easy to make one that works with both SMBioses but again, I wanted to make it simple.

In preparation for the launch of Sierra next week, I decided to install Sierra GM on my D830/T9300 config.

I've successfully created a bootable USB installer and used CLOVER_Sierra.zip files from post #9.

Unfortunately I'm running into some problems when booting the USB installer. I'm not sure if there is something I did wrong? Can somebody point me in the right direction what's going on here?   

post-5854-0-53696200-1474063359_thumb.jpg

post-5854-0-88549600-1474063385_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your response Bronxteck!

Because of your solution about the EFI folder, I'm thinking that you maybe thought dat my Sierra install on a HDD isn't booting, but I'm not even at that stage. Problem is dat the install media (USB) that I've created won't even boot, so I can't run the installer. I've try'd to boot the installer without caches, but that makes no difference. Do you maybe have an other idea how to solve this?

No, should I? I used only the files provided with your CLOVER_Sierra.zip file and didn't modified any files.

To be sure I did all the steps right; I've also made a bootable USB installer of EL Capitan with (again) Clover and your files from CLOVER_Sierra.zip, and this works fine. So it looks that my config is compatible with your files. There is something that Sierra does differently or something else, but I can't get the bootable USB installer working with Sierra (GM).