Complete set of files (Clover/Enoch) for El Capitan/Sierra

polyzargone

No, you shouldn't and it (should) be OK as it.

From the screenshot you posted, my read is that you have a problem with the infamous "still waiting for root device" error.

Usually, this happens when something's wrong with USB. So if you didn't changed anything in the CLOVER_Sierra.zip, I think it's because you're using the wrong port.

I'm pretty sure that during the install process, the only one that works is the upper right-hand side. Have you tried it ?

Normally I use the lower right-hand side, because of the USB receiver of my mouse already occupied that port. Just to be sure, I've removed that dongle, so all USB ports are free and try'd the upper right-hand side, but unfortunately the same result.

Strange…

OK, let's try something :

Re-install Clover on the USB pen and replace these 2 folders by the ones from CLOVER_Sierra.zip :

• ACPI/patched

• Kexts/Other

Ad of course, config.plist.

I'm not sure the CLOVERX64.efi is really up to date and maybe it's an old version that doesn't work anymore. If I'm correct, there were changes in Sierra DB2/3 that made Clover unable to load and inject kexts.

I've try'd both solutions and indeed, now the kexts are loaded and injected. Yay!

Unfortunately I'm not there yet. I think I'm still having some troubles with the USB ports, but I'm not sure.

post-5854-0-25170600-1474196941_thumb.jpg

..and if I wait long enough;

post-5854-0-31401700-1474196815_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Try the USBinjector kext I created for my D630. It's available in the 10.11 pack I posted here. I would have expected it to work for the D830 too. It needs 2 x pre-requisites:

1) that the USB2.0 controllers are renamed from EHCx to EH0x in the DSDT

2) that you use SMBIOS MacBookPro5,1 profile

If you have those pre-requisites in place and remain unable to get all your USB ports to work, then do the following once OS X has booted:

• run IORegistryExplorer
  • scroll down to USB section
  • plug a USB key in each port and take a note of the port under which your USB key appears
  • edit the USBInjector Info.plist file to adjust the ports according to the list you've just made

Unfortunately I'm not there yet. I think I'm still having some troubles with the USB ports, but I'm not sure.

Well it looks like the problem is with your hard disk to me… disk2s2 I/O error

Try the USBinjector kext I created for my D630. I would have expected it to work for the D830 too. It needs 2 x pre-requisites:

1) that the USB2.0 controllers are renamed from EHCx to EH0x in the DSDT

2) that you use SMBIOS MacBookPro5,1 profile

Will work with Enoch, won't work with Clover :P.

As I already said here, Clover won't boot at all with a MacBookPro5,1 profile on Sierra. I suspect it reads some files that Enoch doesn't and unless these files are modified, Clover won't boot Sierra.

Fusion17au at InsanelyMac may have a solution though. I didn't tried myself but it may works :

PS :

• Did you replace PlatformSupport.plist in /Volumes/Sierra/System/Library/Core Services/ with one that contains your MBP5,1 board-id Mac-F42D86C8?
  • Some guys in this MacRumors thread reported bypassing the compatibility check by adding the -no_compat_check boot argument to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist.