D830 Sound and iMessage issues

relic0422

Hello Everyone, 

I don't know if this has been resolved yet but here I go. Ive had a perfectly running Mavericks install on my D830 for a long time now and I decided to try Yosemite. AFTER MUCH TRIAL AND ERROR I've finally got it installed and I commend you Herve and everyone else for all the hard work. Thank you.

Ive searched high and low for Kext or solutions to these problems and still no joy. My Yosemite install just won't cooperate with none of the solutions applied. Please help, still no sound or working iMessage.

Update:  Right after this post I thought to get the VoodooHDA-v2.8.7.pk and AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext and install the package & kext directly removed Voodoo Battery.kext instead of using EDP or any other method and then I repaired permissions with myfix per Herve and rebooted and voila. SOUND & Battery but still no joy on iMessage.

• Administrators

I'm afraid there's no solution to the iMessage issue under Chameleon for the moment (unless you could steal the read id/serial numbers of a Mac). Apple did change its own security system and the NVRAM module solution is no longer effective. You'd probably have to switch to Clover to have any hope of recovering use of that app.