Increase HD 4400 VRAM

aviepic

• Administrators

Correct Jake, best to stick to a Chameleon version like r2401 for instance. Later versions (like r2700 for instance) do detect HD4x00 graphics and fake desktop HD4600 id 0412. That certainly proved problematic to get graphics acceleration on my E6440, whether with vanilla or patched AzulFB and HD5000Graphics kexts. With Chameleon r2401 and binary patched kexts, no problem, I consistently get QE/CI.

Strange, you and ckleea are the only 2 I know with same model and hardware but unable to gain full QE/CI no matter what we'd try, but no issue reported by any other members here with the same models.

I believe the post you mention is regarding Broadwell system needing a minimum of 64MB of dedicated video ram or 96MB DVMT pre-allocated in BIOS to enable full QE/CI for HD 5500/5300/6000...I don't think that applies here for this model, but you could certainly try. Your BIOS should be showing 64MB or in Windows, under advanced display settings.

You might want to try different ig-platform-id. Booting with

DSDT=0 -v -f IntelAzulFB=<value>

value = 0 -> 16

I just had a thought. What version of Chameleon are you using? I remember the newer version has HD 4400/4600 with fakeID of 0412 integrated which caused some issue for me. I'll verify what version I was using when I get to the office tomorrow.

Maybe you should move on to Clover...

I will try an installation with clover soon, it is strange that I can't get QE/CI on my laptop. I used to have a toshiba laptop with an i5-4200u and HD 4400 and I got QE/CI working flawlessly on that.

Strange, you and ckleea are the only 2 I know with same model and hardware but unable to gain full QE/CI no matter what we'd try, but no issue reported by any other members here with the same models.

I believe the post you mention is regarding Broadwell system needing a minimum of 64MB of dedicated video ram or 96MB DVMT pre-allocated in BIOS to enable full QE/CI for HD 5500/5300/6000...I don't think that applies here for this model, but you could certainly try. Your BIOS should be showing 64MB or in Windows, under advanced display settings.

You might want to try different ig-platform-id. Booting with

DSDT=0 -v -f IntelAzulFB=<value>

value = 0 -> 16

I just had a thought. What version of Chameleon are you using? I remember the newer version has HD 4400/4600 with fakeID of 0412 integrated which caused some issue for me. I'll verify what version I was using when I get to the office tomorrow.

Maybe you should move on to Clover...

Yes, Jake.

I am unable to do so after numerous attempts

I gave up.