Yosemite on E5450

e5450

Thanks for clarifying. Strange you are missing that file, I have a fresh 10.11.1 build myself and not have that issue.

I checked your config, you have ALC255, I'm sure this model uses ALC293. What audio kext are you using?

Do you have HDMI video and audio working?

I use VoodooHDA and HDMI audio does not work although HDMI video does. I'll test other kext and get ALC293 driver. Could you point me the direction? Thanks,

Can you try my bootpack here?

E5450_HD5500

That include the ALC293 kexts and patches for the Config file. Also included SSDT-1.aml for HDMI Audio.

Let me know if the bootpack works for you.

The bootpack works but ALC293 did not. No output/input device in Sound preference panel. Thanks for putting together the bootpak.

• Moderators

Can you verify what sound card it has? Another member with the same system has ALC293 so I thought it would be the same on yours but perhaps it's not.

Download DPCIManager, it should list what sound card you have or you could check the BIOS. 

Oh, make sure you remove VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler and restore the vanilla AppleHDA if you had removed it.

• Moderators

either you skipped some output or none of the unsigned kexts are loading

it should look similar to this

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix.kext

kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC293C.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIPoller.kext

/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel not cached.

Successfully updated disk0s3.

kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

did you install the kexts to /S/L/E or /Library/Extensions?

if /L/E, then you'll need to run this instead

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
  • Like 1