Samgung R430 boot error

dattfill

Hello everybody: I told you that I was able to install snow leopard in my Samsung r430 (nvidia 310m) and I did not have any problem to install this (only a nasty noise when the osx stars due to feedback MIC) but when I try to install Yosemite 10.10 or maverick or Lion, I can't install any these OSx. I get the clover screen (I am installing with a bootable usd disk that I downloaded from torrent) but when I choose install the laptop reboot in a few seconds. When I used nv_disable=1, I get the Apple symbol but laptop reboots in a few seconds (four seconds).I have tried boot with Chameleon (I press 1 until to get clover screen and it boots during more time but finally it reboots too. I had a screen from the exact moment when it reboot. Could you indicate something that I can do to fix this issue? Ps: Sorry by my english (It is not my native language) Ps: I have trying install yosemite, maverick, lion with different usb bootable disk. Regards...

post-80400-13825.jpg

In a first instance...Wich would  it be the reason for that I can install OSX 10.6.8 and not  10.10  Video card? MO? . Does anybody have any guide that could work in my laptop?? I refer to setup way  (With chameleon, clover etc)

Regards

• Administrators

No obvious reason for the automatic reboot you experience. It most definetelty should be Ok to boot all those OS on your Core2Duo laptop. 'could be something weird with your CPUPM settings but you also said you were using a torrent image, so you never know what you got... It'd be much better to download a legit Mavericks or Yosemite installation package off the AppStore, especially as they cost nothing...

For Mavericks, I would suggest to try a myHack-based installation with the default bootpack; it's kind of well-proven on Core2Duo systems.

• Administrators

This is kind of daft! One hand you say you've installed Snow Leopard on that system and on the other you want to install from Windows because you "don't have MAC".

if you have an existing SL installation, then you have a valid base to create a myHack Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks or even build a manual Yosemite installer. All you'll need to do then is attempt installation on a separate HDD partition. If you got rid of SL, re-install it.

I didn't tell you that I have installed windows 8 again for the following reason:

I having already windows installed I tried to install SL and I got error because I wasn't able to install SL in free disk space. The only way that I was able to install SL was when I had to delete all partitions and I had to do a new partition, but for this reason I lost windows. I had partitionated hard disk but it wasn't possible install in any of these partitions. It wasn't possible format to OsX installation . After I tried install windows from SL but I got a error when I had to select a disk where I liked to install Windows. It didn't let me to install windows. I had to do gparted to create a new partition, previously I had to delete partition information, and so I lost SL installation.

For this reason I don't have SL now. I need to know how I could install SL, having already installed windows and without it is going to lost

Thank you for your attention

• Administrators

some users have had success using virtual machines to make the installer. i have not personally tried. or if you have 2 available drives you can install an os to each then use a partition cloning software to transfer one os to the other disk then reinstalling a boot loader to the dual boot drive. some give up the carom bay for an hdd caddy and just run 2 separate drives. so there are a few options if you think a bit out of the box.