Trying for full QE/CI on 10.9.2 on Dell D630 w/ X-3100 Hi-Res Graphics

Zanzibar

Good afternoon.  I've installed Mavericks 10.9.2  onto my D630 and was hoping for a normal 144MB of Acceleration that would enable my X3100 to full potential.  No such luck !  To begin, I used  myHack  to install  the Extra folder that points to the Nvidia 135 GPU since it seems to be the only Extra for the D630 that's specific to Mavericks.  And, it gets

detected as  an Intel GMA 965 with only 3 MB of Memory.  Tried using the new MacPost Factor App that is the successor to the famous MLPF  App to fool the system to use a 32 bit mode.  Major disappointment -  this new hack doesn't seem to be Hackintosh friendly. Consequently, there seems to be no reasonable answer.  What to do ?  Flash an Apple BIOS to replace the Dell A19 BIOS ?  Still, won't get Graphics Acceleration.  Seems as if I've reached a dead-end.  However, I'm sure that either Jake Lo or Bronxtech has found

a creative way around this impasse.  And, if so, I'll be standing by and await a  fresh,

sound idea for something that has me by the gonads.  Find it rather pathetic that the new

MacPostFactor  isn't going to work with a  Hackintosh .  Won't get a straight answer from the fine folks at MacRumors on this one. And, somehow, I'm not surprised !

• Administrators

Hackintosh or real Mac, it makes no difference: there is and never will be full graphics acceleration available for GMA X3100 (and/or GMA950) under any 64bit-only OS X versions. Full stop.

You can install 64bit ML, Mav or Yos on those GMA950/GMA X3100 laptops for sure and, at best, you'll get framebuffer support with 64bit kexts of SL 10.6.2 origin (note that even in SL, they did not fully work in 64bit mode!). But graphics acceleration, no. The chips are obsolete and do not support newer OpenGL/OpenCL versions & features gradually used in 64bit-only versions of OS X, hence Apple's decision to drop them.

MLPF only worked because it used the trick of 32bit ML DP1 kernel alongside Lion 10.7.5 GMA kexts + OpenGL frameworks. In reality, it's a bastardised/fake version of ML, mostly based on DP1. No such trick feasible with newer OS X versions since there never was any 32bit kernels and kexts...

This has been dead for yonks. ML with MLPF is where the buck stops... and there are bugs.

This was funny though!  :D

[...]
Flash an Apple BIOS to replace the Dell A19 BIOS ?
[...]