Can't install SL 10.6 on D620

metjuf

Hi,

in first i have to say, that i am newbie. I want to install OSX Snow Leopard on Latitude D620 CPU: CoreDuo T2300E 1,66GHz, 1GB RAM, GPU is Intel GMA 945, Screen resolution 1280x800, HDD 60GB. I tried to follow install instructions in documentation and forum tips

1. I have a retail Mac OS X Install DVD.dmg
  2. Because i don't have acces to MAC i also downloaded MAC OSX 10.6.2 for VMware
  3. In VMware i installed myHack_v3.1.2 (thanks Hervé) and created install USB drive - There i had problem myHack didn't ask me to choose instalation dmg (detected automaticly?) and at the end i was unable to choose MBR patch and my own Extra folder - myHack just didn't ask. Screen from myHack http://postimg.org/image/tm40qqgkd/
  4. So i opened the created USB drive and replaced manualy folder Extra with downloaded from OSXLatitude.com for D620 (Dont know if it was right step)
  5. I have modified BIOS settings via article i found on this forum
  6. When i start booting i get this error http://postimg.org/image/dzqx2h2ad/

I would be glad if anyone help me and sorry for my english (i am not native speaker  :mrgreen: ), thanks Mathew

• Administrators

Make sure to build your myHack USB installer with your retail SL installation app/package because you did not (myHack screenshot clearly shows 10.6.2). Which version is it by the way? You have to mount the dmg before myHack can use the app.

Only retail versions are suitable for installing SL on a Hackintosh, i.e. versions 10.6.0, 10.6.3 and 10.6.8. Non-retail versions do not possess the necessary installation files. This has been indicated on the forum many times in the past and your myHack screenshot clearly showed incorrect SL version + errors with the installation package; you did not pay sufficient attention to that... Your current USB installer is useless.

To obtain your legit copy of SL, follow the info posted here.

You've seen the BIOS article, but missed the thread about full packs. It's right above it, i.e. here.

NB:

Thanks for the quick response Hervé,

I will get the legit retail version of OS X and try again make USB. So i can use full pack (D620_GMA950_LoRes_10.6.8_Pack.zip) instead of regular Chameleon Bootpack from osxlatitude.com/edp/compatibility when i create install USB with myHack, am i right?

If OSX will run i want upgrade RAM and replace CPU. I want to learn basics with Apple platform this way. Thanks  :)

• Administrators

Use the full pack I posted and you won't need EDP for fine-tuning. Could save a lot of hassle as EDP has been troublesome for some time due to ongoing major re-engineering. But it's up to you...

There really is no questioning to be had about the ability for the D620 to run OS X these days... You're simply limited to SL with your 32bit CPU.