64 bit X3100 kexts from 10.6.2

Zanzibar

Good morning. Does anybody have copies of the 5 kexts required  to enable my obsolete  X3100 Hi-Res  GPU  to have FrameBuffer support  from  10.6.2  on my proud

D630 unit ?  Can't find any offerings on the Bay of Pirates.  I'm Testing  Yosemite Public Beta for the first time and find myself challenged by the fact that I can't use myHack to create a USB stick to begin the process. Feels like old age is creeping in the backround. Is there anything else I need to do besides reinstalling these 5 kexts into  S/L/E ?  Or, would they be a better fit for E/E  ?  And, as always, your wisdom and expertise is greatly appreciated. 

• Administrators

There are no Intel GMA kexts present in OS X from ML onwards. If you intend to use those SL10.6.2 64bit kexts, place them in /S/L/E, repair permissions and rebuild cache before you reboot. Download 10.6.2 combo update off Apple web site and use Pacifist app to extract the kexts, you'll easily identify them by name. Remember to remove 32bit mode from your Chameleon boot plist or manually specify 64bit boot mode when Chameleon starts up.

D630_X3100_10.9.5.jpg

Now, I know you're adamant to try this by yourself, but you can trust me when I say this is a waste of time as your D630 will only run Mav or Yos in limping mode as all you'll obtain will be frame buffer support (and it's internally incomplete). No hardware graphics acceleration means overall lagging computer performance (especially as you have a Merom CPU, not a Penryn, though it would still lag), very reduced movie playout capability (DVDPlayer won't run, no video in VLC, youtube limited to small/SD videos, HD/full screen videos being mostly quite jerky) and many graphics-hungry apps just won't open. Sleep functionality is basically dead in the water as wake facility was never properly implemented in the 64bit GMA Framebuffers; this means you wake to a black screen and there's no workaround or solution to this (which means you need to force a hard reboot by pressing the PWR button or disconnecting power). CPU will be solicited much more than usual (lack of GPU assistance means CPU has to try to stand in), so you'll also experience extended higher T° and increased high-speed fan usage.

DVDPlayer_not_running.jpg VLC_no_video.jpg