Vostro 200 Yosemite

Bashibazouk

The Vostro 200 thread says that Clover was required for Yosemite install. Is that still the case? If so, is there some sort of guide for that? The Clover pre-installation guide here seems to assume there's a Clover bootpack available and there isn't for the Vostro.

• Administrators

If you refer to my guide, consider that the work was suspended because my HDD crashed and never replaced to date (too many computers at home...). However, you can perfectly install and run Yosemite on the Vostro 200 using good old Chameleon (use version r2401, it works perfectly).

Use the same installation procedure as those listed in my other guides (Latitude D630, E6220, E6440, etc.).

Use the bootpack I posted for Mavericks but bear in mind that some kexts will not work from /E/E, only from /S/L/E; the Voodoo audio kexts for instance. But FakeSMC and keyboard/mouse kexts will load from /E/E. You can experiment and adjust as required.

I've followed the instructions on the E6220 guide for USB installer creation except for 1. the AICPUPM kext and 2. rebuilding the kext cache as I don't think I'm using the FileNVRAM.dylib module. When I try and boot with the USB inserted it freezes at the BIOS splash screen every time. Any idea what's going on? 

• Administrators

If the PC freezes at the BIOS splash screen, it's obviously a POST issue, not a USB installer/OS X issue. More like some inability for your PC to boot off the USB key or recognize/support it properly.

I will be trying this hack tomorrow when i get the chance.. I've got quite a few machines i'm trying to set up to donate to a couple people. I've got 2 Optiplex 755 SFF, 1 Optiplex 745 SFF which should be arriving in the mail today and 2 vostro 200 SFF. One issue i keep facing dealing with the Vostro 200's is that for some reason, the usb ports don't wanna work. Maybe i've got to check within bios to see if they're enabled . I'd like to get them all to run Yosemite 10.10.4.