Install Yosemite on E6530

vsbalint

Hi.

I have a question regarding the installation guide. Everything is very clear for me, up to this point....

I have a laptop with i5-3340M processor with NVidia graphics card. Optimus is enabled in BIOS

I would like to create the SSDT.aml file, before I can try to boot from the prepated USB boot drive. 

I have a MacMini upgraded to 2,1. I tried to run on this the ssdtPRGen.sh script with -d 0 -p i5-3340M parameters but received several errors saying that a MacMini is not compatible with such a processor, and others, including also a "segmentation fault $iasl $gSsdtPR" messages. What am I doing wrong? Can I use my MacMini to generate this file? Or should I boot from the created USB Yosemite install and make this SSDT file on my Dell laptop?

Please help me, thank you very much :-)

Balint  

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for quick answer :-)

One more short question. I have already Windows 7 installed on my laptop and would like to have OSX as a dual boot option. What is the best and safest way to do it? I have already a free un-partiotioned space on my HD to accept OSX. 

Thank you again

Balint

You don't need the SSDT for the Installer. You could generate it from the Dell system after you have install successfully.

Hi. I try to install 10.10.4. I have downloaded the kernel for 10.10.4 (vanilla), also the bootpackage, changed the name of DSDT-off.aml to DSDT.aml, copied the kext files to Extension/SLE and renamed this folder to Extra and copied to the USB boot. Did not try to make any SSDT file as you advised.

After booting on my DELL with -v -f options I get a very early panic, after the processor type gets recognized as i5-3340M, correctly

Kernel is shown as 14.4.0, Mac OS version: not yet set, System model name? MacBookPro9,2

What am I doing wrong??? :-(

Thank you for advise

Balint

You don't need the SSDT for the Installer. You could generate it from the Dell system after you have install successfully.

Hi

Can I have one more question? TO allow the install to boot, we changed quite heavily the original chameleon boot plist.

DO I need to copy this modified file also to the installed partition, after completion of the install, or I should use the original plist file?

What about the DSDT-off.aml file? Can I use it? You advise to use the boot flag DSDT=0

Thank you

Balint

• Moderators

Just copy the entire /Extra folder from the Installer to the HDD. Boot with -v -f to see if there's any issue. If no issue, then generate the SSDT and change org.chameleon.boot.plist to DropSSDT and uncheck P and C States.

As advised I copied everything from /Extra on USB drive to HDD. If I try to boot without DSDT=0 flag OS X doesn't start....

Can somebody please help?

I am on 10.10.4, it seems everything works except Bluetooth and these DSDT settings....

, only the startup is a bit problematic.

Before each start I need to manually set in BIOS 

- enable OPTIMUS

- change SATA seetings

after reboot these settings are set back to some defaults which are different from what are needed....

Thank you very much

Balint

You have an IvyBridge CPU that requires the (MSR-)patched AICPUPM kext or, pending such patch, to use NullCPUPM.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7853-vanilla-and-patched-yosemite-kernels-patched-aicpupm-kexts/

Dear Hervé

What is this patched kext doing exactly? At the moment I have another kext with a bit different file size, according to install guide by Jake Lo.. What should I expect if I replace this with yours?

Thanks

Balint