Inspiron 1545 - Intel GMA 4500MHD

Zanzibar

Gentlemen:  Good afternoon. I have an impressive Blue Inspiron 1545 made in 2008 with a Cantiga

GMA 4500MHD  Integrated GPU  and, I was curious if this chipset was considered obsolete and would add tons of woe, grief and misery in installing Yosemite onto it.  It has an Intel Dual Core T4400  CPU and, I was wondering if being pre  i-3 would

make for added incompatibility.  A solid performer on Windows, but will it pony up and run with Apple specs ?  Might be fun

to install Yosemite on this unit if possible without gangs of patches. Get back to me with added Tech specs at your convenience.  Goodday.

• Moderators

Read here. Determine whether you have LVDS or eDP by running sudo intel_reg_dumper from a UBUNTU OS.

If you determined it's eDP, you my as well just quit there. Without graphics acceleration, it's not much of a hack and you won't have a good experience with it.

• Administrators

Please, remember to use the forum search facility. There are existing threads for this laptop model...

This being said, this laptop is fitted with unsupported GMA 4500MHD graphics (Dell documentation may refer to it as GMA X4500HD). It's not fitted with 1st gen Arrandale "i" Core CPUs and 1st gen Intel HD graphics or GMA 4700MHD. With no possible graphics acceleration, ever, whatever the version of OS X, the Inspiron 1545 with integrated Intel graphics is unfortunately an unsuitable platform as a Hackintosh.