Upgrading

manasota

I hope to get some advice about upgrading. I've successfully installed 10.6.2 on my D620 and everything is working very well. From what I have read, from this point it gets a little dicey. I'd rather upgrade as opposed to doing a fresh install so I can save all my current settings.

Can I upgrade to say 10.7 or .8 and then just copy the correct E.D.P. folder to my install? Am I on the right track in my thinking? I appreciate any advice I can get.

I am a newbie too, but from what I know you have to do a new install. The upgrade to 10.6.8 should be fairly easy, you may have to run the EDP for that version too.

This board has been very quiet recently. But I also learned here that you do not get general answers unless you you try a method from wiki and you get stucked in it.

Good luck, and post your progress here.

I have been using the USB pen drive from wiki, and it is piece of cake. I have done it 4 times today trying to do dual boot with win 7. So far, no luck. If I boot with usb pen, then I can access the two OS's.

Have a good one.

Well, to make a long story short, I tried upgrading and pooched my installation. Try as I might, I couldn't get my docking station to work with 10.6.6 or 10.6.8 which is no good for me. I suspect it's something to do with sleep or hibernation?

I tried to do a fresh install and I got kernel panic with the leppy's swap disk. What's up with that? I tried to reformat with Mac and DOS. Same result? What to do?