[Solved] OSXL threatened - Help us choose

Leon

Help us choose...  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What should we choose ?

• I have just donated to [email protected] - Now go buy the Copyright Removal option
    • Just add the damn copyright and be done with it
    • WTF?, Change the forum software - even if it means downtime
    • Whatever, let them close down OSXL

Just add the copyright.

Changing forum software never goes 100%. Things will be lost if you ask me.

$500 for just not having a copyright is a lot of money.

But whatever choice you make Leon, please do not  close the site.

Regards,

René

I've been a member of this site for years now and while I haven't been very active, considering that I've got a real Mac now, I find the way that they've treated you here to be appalling. Your responses seem to be very reasonable here and the way they've just lynched a long term user like OSXL is hard to believe. I think leaving the software behind is definitely worthwhile, even with downtime. Just like the commenter before me, I might be able to help out with something when/if the redevelopment does take place.

• Administrators

Thank you all for your support - so faar we are at 50% of donations - some of you have made some really awesome contributions.

Yes, other software might be a solution - as mentioned earlier - it depends on alot of things.

A friend of mine just pointed out that we should under no circumstances put a link on osxl - with 48k posts and equally many profile pages etc. we are talking about 100-200k links from our site to theirs (in terms of google and SEO) - this is something that they will benefit alot from.

Personally - i love the IPboard software, its stable, secure and fast - not to mention that it have served us all really well - i hope that we reach the goal of 500$ so we can simply put this behind us and move forward.

On the other hand, its a big shame that invision choose to go this way - i would have hoped on a better solution and a more forth coming aproach from their side.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Ergosteur,

I fear that they win _more_ by forcing us to spend hours and hours on re-building under new software - it sends them a clear signal that they can do whatever they want.

Instead - us standing up and saying "fine, we'll pay what you ask to not have your ads on our site" is at this point time a better way of saying we wont bend over just because you try and force us to it.

In their eyes - there is a better value for them (without any doubt) in forcing us to have their links on osxl - and they know that moving to another solution will be costly - so honestly, they properly expect us to just fall in line.

We are hafl-way on donations, so if you can - please help.

hi Leon easiest option with less headackes for me is to buy copyright off

500 bucks is not a lot of money it would only take 33 members like myself to donate 15 dollars which is not a lot considering what osx latitude has done for us hackintosh user

This why no headackes changing server etc etc all data not lost

Hope this option prevails

Best of luck